National Register of Historic Places listings in Beaverhead County, Montana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Beaverhead County, Montana. It is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Beaverhead County, Montana, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bannack Historic District||
|22 miles from Dillon off Montana Highway 278
|Chapman and S. Atlantic Sts.
|3||Martin Barrett House||
|733 S. Pacific
|4||Big Hole National Battlefield||
|12 miles west of Wisdom
|5||Birch Creek CCC Camp||
|North of Dillon on United States Forest Service Road 98
|Browne's Bridge Fishing Access Site
|7||Canyon Creek Charcoal Kilns||
|Approximately 5 miles northwest of Glendale on United States Forest Service Road 187
|8||Clark's Lookout, August 13, 1805||
|Western side of U.S. Route 91, 500 feet north of the Beaverhead River
|9||Dillon City Library||
|121 S. Idaho St.
|10||Elkhorn-Coolidge Historic District||
|United States Forest Service Road 2465, approximately four miles southeast of its junction with Montana Highway 43
||Wise River||Includes the Elkhorn mine site and the adjoining ghost town of Coolidge.|
|Approximately 11 miles west of Glendale on Trapper Creek Rd. 188
|5 S. Railroad Ave.
|13||Lamarche Game Trap||
|Sugarloaf Mountain, north of Dillon:174
||Dillon||Likely created by the Shoshone:178|
|West of Grant, in the Beaverhead and Salmon National Forests
||Grant||Extends into Lemhi County, Idaho|
|15||Montana State Normal School||
|710 S. Atlantic St.
|16||Oregon Short Line Passenger Depot||
|S. Montana St.
|17||Sheep Creek Wickiup Cave||
|18||US Post Office-Dillon Main||
|117 S. Idaho St.
|19||Van Camp-Tash Ranch||
|1200 Montana Highway 278
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Beaverhead County, Montana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Montana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Montana
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 3, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Keyser, James D. "The LaMarche Game Trap: An Early Historic Game Trap in Southwestern Montana". Plains Anthropologist 19.65 (1974): 173-179.