National Register of Historic Places listings in Boone County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Boone County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Boone County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Boone County Courthouse||
|2||Pryor Brock Farmstead||
|8602 County Road 500S, west of Zionsville
||Eagle Township||Carpenter's rendering of Italianate architecture, symbolic of the "golden age" of Hoosier agriculture|
|3||Strange Nathanial Cragun House||
|404 W. Main St.
|4555 E. County Road 750S, north of Brownsburg
|9575 Whitestown Rd.
||Zionsville||Eagle Township and Pike Township, Indiana MPS|
|6||Oak Hill Cemetery||
|935 E. Washington St.
|Lost Rd. (County Road 200E) over Sugar Creek, east of Mechanicsburg
||Clinton Township||Extends into Clinton County|
|8||Thorntown Public Library||
|124 N. Market St.
|9||Traders Point Eagle Creek Rural Historic District||
|Roughly between Interstate 865, Interstate 465, and Lafayette Rd.
||Eagle Township||Extends into Pike Township in Marion County|
|10||Traders Point Hunt Rural Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by State Road 334, Interstate 865, Old Hunt Club Rd., and County Road 850E, southwest of Zionsville
||Eagle Township||Eagle Township and Pike Township, Indiana MPS.|
|11||Town Hall (Castle Hall)||
|65 E. Cedar St.
|12||Andrew B. VanHuys Round Barn||
|755 W. County Road 125 S., south of Lebanon
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Boone County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Boone County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 3, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Fife, Camille B. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Traders Point Eagle Creek Rural Historic District. National Park Service, 2008-05, 90.
- Location derived from Indiana Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology, Historic Indiana: Indiana Properties Listed in the National Register of Historic Places 2003 - 2004, n.d., 17. Accessed 2010-11-16. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".