National Register of Historic Places listings in Carbon County, Pennsylvania
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Carbon County, Pennsylvania.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Carbon County, Pennsylvania, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Two sites are further designated as National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Carbon County Jail||
|128 Broadway Street
||Jim Thorpe||John Haviland & Henry Bowman, architects.|
|2||Carbon County Section of the Lehigh Canal||
|Along the Lehigh River
||Bowmanstown, Franklin Township, Jim Thorpe, Lower Towamensing Township, Palmerton, Parryville, and Weissport||Extends into Lehigh Township and Walnutport in Northampton County|
|3||Central Railroad of New Jersey Station||
||Jim Thorpe||Wilson Brothers & Company, architects.|
|4||Lansford Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Snyder Avenue, Cortright, East, and Water Streets
|5||Little Gap Covered Bridge||
|South of Little Gap on Township 376
||Lower Towamensing Township|
|6||Mauch Chunk Switchback Railway||
|Between Ludlow Street in Summit Hill and F.A.P. 209 in Jim Thorpe
||Jim Thorpe, Nesquehoning, and Summit Hill|
|7||Nesquehoning High School||
|120–124 East Catawissa Street
|8||Old Mauch Chunk Historic District||
|Broadway, Susquehanna, Race, and High Streets
|9||Asa Packer Mansion||
||Jim Thorpe||Attributed to Samuel Sloan, architect.|
|10||Harry Packer Mansion||
||Jim Thorpe||Addison Hutton, architect.|
|11||St. Mark's Episcopal Church||
|Race and Susquehanna Streets
||Jim Thorpe||Richard Upjohn, architect.|
|12||Summit Hill High School||
|124 West Hazard Street
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Carbon County, Pennsylvania.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Pennsylvania
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Pennsylvania
- List of Pennsylvania state historical markers in Carbon County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 4, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.