National Register of Historic Places listings in Claiborne County, Tennessee
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Claiborne County, Tennessee.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Claiborne County, Tennessee, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 13 properties and districts in the county are listed on the National Register. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|Anderson – Bedford – Benton – Bledsoe – Blount – Bradley – Campbell – Cannon – Carroll – Carter – Cheatham – Chester – Claiborne – Clay – Cocke – Coffee – Crockett – Cumberland – Davidson – Decatur – DeKalb – Dickson – Dyer – Fayette – Fentress – Franklin – Gibson – Giles – Grainger – Greene – Grundy – Hamblen – Hamilton – Hancock – Hardeman – Hardin – Hawkins – Haywood – Henderson – Henry – Hickman – Houston – Humphreys – Jackson – Jefferson – Johnson – Knox – Lake – Lauderdale – Lawrence – Lewis – Lincoln – Loudon – Macon – Madison – Marion – Marshall – Maury – McMinn – McNairy – Meigs – Monroe – Montgomery – Moore – Morgan – Obion – Overton – Perry – Pickett – Polk – Putnam – Rhea – Roane – Robertson – Rutherford – Scott – Sequatchie – Sevier – Shelby – Smith – Stewart – Sullivan – Sumner – Tipton – Trousdale – Unicoi – Union – Van Buren – Warren – Washington – Wayne – Weakley – White – Williamson – Wilson|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Big Spring Union Church||
|Off State Route 32
|2||Claiborne County Jail||
|State Route 33 at U.S. Route 25E
|3||Cumberland Gap Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Colwyn, Cumberland, Pennlyn, and the former L&N railroad tracks
||Cumberland Gap||In the town of Cumberland Gap|
|4||Cumberland Gap Historic District||
|East of Middlesboro, Kentucky
||Harrogate||Cumberland Gap, the pass that was used by the Wilderness Road, located within Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. Extends into Bell County, Kentucky, Harlan County, Kentucky, and Lee County, Virginia|
|5||Cumberland Gap National Historical Park||
|East of Middlesboro, Kentucky, along the Kentucky-Virginia state line
||Cumberland Gap||Extends into Bell County, Kentucky and Lee County, Virginia|
|Junction of Main St. and Old Knoxville Rd.
|Lincoln Memorial University campus
|Cedar Fork Rd.
|Northeast of Speedwell on Russell Lane
|Northeast of Speedwell off State Route 63
|West of Speedwell on Route 2 off State Route 63
|12||Powell Valley Male Academy||
|Junction of Old State Route 63 and Academy Rd.
||Speedwell||Also known as Speedwell Academy. Built in 1827.|
|13||James Wier House||
||Tazewell||Moved south of Tazewell|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Claiborne County, Tennessee.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Tennessee
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Tennessee
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 1, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "National Register of Historic Places Inventory -- Nomination Form: Cumberland Gap Historic District - Virginia/Kentucky/Tennessee" (PDF). 1978.
- Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, Historic Speedwell Academy, Tennessee Vacation Guide website