National Register of Historic Places listings in Clark County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Clark County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Clark County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed. Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|Roughly bounded by 2nd and Walnut Sts. and the Ohio River at Bethlehem
|6702 Bethany Rd., southwest of Charlestown
|3||Thomas Downs House||
|1045 Main St.
|4||Benjamin Ferguson House||
|673 High St.
|5||Henry French House||
|217 E. High St.
|111-113 W. Chestnut St.
|1101 E. Market St.
|8||Mitchell P. Howes' Lime Kiln and Quarry||
|Upper River Rd.
|9||Louisville Municipal Bridge, Pylons and Administration Building||
|Spans the Ohio River between Louisville, Kentucky and Jeffersonville
||Jeffersonville||Extends into Jefferson County, Kentucky|
|10||Old Clarksville Site||
|Off Harrison Ave. at the Ohio River
|11||Old Jeffersonville Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Court Ave., Graham St., the Ohio River, and Interstate 65
|2000 Utica-Sellersburg Rd., northeast of Jeffersonville
|13||Spring Street Freight House||
|1030 Spring St.
||Jeffersonville||Former depot of the Big Four Railroad|
|14||Samuel Starkweather's Lime Kiln and Quarry||
|Upper River Rd.
|15||Moses H. Tyler Company Lime Kiln and Quarry No. 1||
|Upper River Rd.
|1015 Water St.
|17||John Work House and Mill Site||
|Northern side of Tunnel Mill Rd., west of Fourteen Mile Creek and northeast of Charlestown
||Charlestown Township||Site of Tunnel Mill Scout Reservation|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Clark County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Clark County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 18, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal Highway Administration, Indiana Department of Transportation, and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. Supplemental Final Environmental Impact Statement. FHA et al via Ohio River Bridges Project, n.d., 5-69.
- Location derived from Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology. Clark County Interim Report. Indianapolis: Indiana Department of Natural Resources, 1988-10, 32-33. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location derived from Nocton, Leslie. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Smith-Sutton Site. National Park Service, 2011-03-22, 23. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted."
- Location is for the house, derived from Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology. Clark County Interim Report. Indianapolis: Indiana Department of Natural Resources, 1988-10, 32-33. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".