National Register of Historic Places listings in Geauga County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Geauga County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Geauga County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||ASM Headquarters and Geodesic Dome||
|9639 Kinsman Rd.
|14979 S. State St.
|3||Burton Village Historic District||
|Surrounding Public Sq.
|4||Chardon Courthouse Square District||
|Public green, roughly bounded by Main and Center Sts.
|5||Chardon Post Office Building||
|121 South St.
|6||Chester Township District School No. 2||
|7798 Mayfield Rd., west of Chesterland
|7||Claridon Congregational Church||
|U.S. Route 322
|8||Domestic Arts Hall And Flower Hall||
|N. Cheshire St.
|9||Fowler's Mills Historic District||
|10743-10779, 10750 Mayfield Rd.; 12426-12533 Fowlers Mill Rd., southwest of Chardon
|17767 Rapids Rd., west of Welshfield
|11||Free Will Baptist Church of Auburn||
|11742 E. Washington St.
|12||Dr. Erastus Goodwin House||
|14485 Main St.
|13||Lot Hathaway House||
|12236 Old State Rd., north of East Claridon
|14||Lost Lane Farm||
|18173 Geauga Lake Rd.
||Bainbridge Township||Associated with Louis Rorimer; also known as Snake Hill Farm|
|15||Pebblebrook Farm House and Gardens||
|12525 Heath Rd., east of Chesterland
|16||South Newbury Union Chapel||
|15829 Ravenna Rd.
|17||Lucius T. Tambling House||
|14025 Chillicothe Rd. at Novelty
|18||Walter C. White Estate||
|East of Mayfield Heights at U.S. Route 322 and County Line Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Geauga County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 15, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from Contact Us, Snake Hill Farm, 2012. Accessed 2012-03-16. The NRIS lists the property as "Address Restricted".
- Owen, Lorrie K., ed. Dictionary of Ohio Historic Places. Vol. 1. St. Clair Shores: Somerset, 1999, 532.