National Register of Historic Places listings in Gibson County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Gibson County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 9 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||William M. Cockrum House||
|627 W. Oak St.
|2||Gibson County Courthouse||
|3||Haubstadt State Bank||
|101 S. Main St.
|4||Lyles Consolidated School||
|County Road 100 N at Lyles Station
|5||Mussel Knoll Archeological Site (12GI11)||
|Along the Wabash River in the middle of Section 14 in far northeastern Wabash Township, west of Skelton
|6||Patoka Bridges Historic District||
|Along County Road 1250 E spanning the Patoka River, north of Oakland City
||Columbia Township||Extends into Pike County|
|State Road 65 east of Patoka; also the Kolb Farm, located along State Road 65 east of Patoka
||Washington Township||The Kolb Farm represents a boundary increase of December 28, 2009|
|8||Weber Village Archaeological Site (12 Gi 13)||
|North central portion of Section 18, about 0.25 miles (0.40 km) west of Skelton
|542 S. Hart St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Gibson County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Gibson County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 11, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from Dragoo, Donald. An Archaeological Survey of Gibson County Indiana. Indianapolis: Indiana Historical Bureau, 1955, 12 and 16. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location derived from this Indiana Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration report, page 6; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"
- Location derived from Dragoo, Donald. An Archaeological Survey of Gibson County Indiana. Indianapolis: Indiana Historical Bureau, 1955, 18-19. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".