National Register of Historic Places listings in Grand County, Utah
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Grand County, Utah.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Grand County, Utah, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Apache Motel||February 19, 2008||166 S. 400 East
|2||Courthouse Wash Pictographs||April 1, 1976||1 mile northwest of Moab in Arches National Park on State Route 163
|3||Dalton Wells CCC Camp-Moab Relocation Center||May 2, 1994||U.S. Route 191, approximately 13 miles (21 km) north of Moab
||Moab||Little survives except for pylons which once held the entrance sign and cottonwood trees planted by camp workers.|
|4||Desolation Canyon||November 24, 1968||Along the Green River in western Grand County between Ouray and Green River
|Green River||Split between Emery, Grand, Carbon, and Uintah counties|
|5||Dewey Bridge||July 12, 1984||Northeast of Moab on State Route 128
||Moab||Destroyed by fire in April 2008|
|6||Elk Mountain Mission Fort Site||June 15, 1978||Northwest of Moab off U.S. Route 160
|7||Julien Inscription Panel||October 6, 1988||Dark Angel vicinity
|8||Denis Julien Inscription (Grand County, Utah)||May 23, 1991||Mouth of Hell Roaring Canyon, Green River Canyon
|9||Moab Cabin||February 14, 1980||56 S. 100 East
|10||Moab LDS Church||November 28, 1980||65 N. 200 East
|11||Old Spanish Trail||October 6, 1988||Visitor Center vicinity
|12||Pinhook Battleground||March 1, 1982||East of Moab
|13||Ringhoffer Inscription||October 6, 1988||Tower Arch
|14||Robidoux Inscription||July 23, 1982||West side of Westwater Creek in Book Cliffs, where East Canyon meets the main canyon
|15||Rock House-Custodian's Residence||October 6, 1988||Arches National Park Visitor Center vicinity
|16||John Henry Shafer House||May 2, 2001||530 S. 400 East
|17||Star Hall||May 14, 1993||159 E. Center St.
|18||Arthur Taylor House||February 28, 1980||1266 N. U.S. Route 191
|19||Thompson Wash Rock Art District||August 1, 1980||Address Restricted
|20||Orlando W. Warner House||September 20, 1977||1010 E. Millcreek Dr.
|21||Wolfe Ranch Historical District||November 20, 1975||North of Moab in Arches National Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Grand County, Utah.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 6, 2013.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- Location and coordinates derived from its GNIS entry; the NRIS lists the site as "Address unknown"
- Dewey Bridge Fire 4-06-2008, photograph
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Grand County, Utah at Wikimedia Commons