National Register of Historic Places listings in Halifax County, Virginia
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Halifax County, Virginia. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|S of jct. of Rtes. 659 and 682
|VA 600, 850 ft. S of jct. with VA 778
|VA 697, 500 ft. W of jct. with VA 696
|4||Brooklyn Store and Post Office||
|VA 659 N side, 0.1 mi. W of jct. with VA 820
|5||Brooklyn Tobacco Factory||
|VA 659 N side, 0.25 mi. E of jct. with VA 820
|VA 663, jct. VA 684
|SE of Ingram
|9||Collins Ferry Historic District||
|McKeever Trail, & Bull Creek Rd.
|5059 Cove Rd.
|4080 Stagecoach Rd.
||Nathalie||Late 18th century stagecoach station & tavern.|
|12||E. L. Evans House||
|1204 Washington Ave.
|2.4 mi. SW of South Boston
|SW of South Boston on U.S. 58
|15||Halifax County Courthouse||
|Jct. US 360 and US 501
|16||Indian Jim's Cave||
|17||Mountain Road Historic District||
|Roughly Mountain Rd. from Mimosa Dr. to Academy St.
|18||Old Providence Presbyterian Church||
|Deer Run Rd.
|3 mi. SE of Oak Level on VA 683
|21||Reedy Creek Site||
|N of South Boston on U.S. 501
|23||South Boston Historic District||
|Along Railroad Ave., Ferry, Factory, and Main Sts., Wilborn Ave., N. Main St., Washington and Peach Aves., and Jeffress
||South Boston||Boundary increase (listed June 11, 2009): Neighborhoods of Marshall Ave., New Brick Warehouse, Mizpah Church, N. Main St.|
|24||Staunton River Bridge Fortification||
||Randolph vicinity||In or near Staunton River Battlefield State Park.|
|25||Staunton River State Park Historic District||
|1170 Staunton Trail
|West of South Boston on VA 659
|27||Dr. Richard Thornton House||
|Golden Leaf Rd., & Tobacco Rd.
|28||Town of Halifax Court House Historic District||
|Main St., Cemetery St., Prizery St., Edmunds Boulevard, Mary Bethune St., Cowford Rd., Maple Ave., Church St., Cary St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Halifax County, Virginia.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 23, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.