National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Oregon
The following list presents the full set of National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Oregon, and offers brief descriptive information about each of them. The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) recognizes buildings, structures, objects, sites, and districts of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 88,000 NRHP sites nationwide, Oregon is home to approximately 1,950, and 5 of those are found partially or wholly in Jefferson County.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Camp Sherman Community Hall||
|13025 SW Camp Sherman Rd.
|2||Max and Ollie Lueddemann House||
|96 SE 9th St.
|3||Olallie Lake Guard Station||
|South of Pinhead Buttes, Mount Hood National Forest
|4||Oregon Pacific Railroad Linear Historic District||
|Roughly a 20-mile linear section of the old railroad grade between Idanha and the Cascade Range summit (See also Marion and Linn counties.)
||Idanha to the Cascade Range summit via Santiam Junction||Beginning in 1872, the colorful Thomas Egenton Hogg set out to build a transcontinental railroad terminating on the Oregon coast. By the time of his venture's final bankruptcy in 1894, completed track reached only from Yaquina Bay to Idanha in the Cascade foothills, with grade work under way east of Idanha to the summit. The historic district protects the remaining signs of the grade work east of Idanha, as well as the sites of two construction camps. Abandoned part way through construction, these remnants provide a unique window onto construction methods and living conditions in 19th century railroad camps.|
|5||Oregon Trunk Passenger and Freight Station||
|Washington St. at the foot of 6th St.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Oregon
- Listings in neighboring counties: Crook, Deschutes, Linn, Marion, Wasco, Wheeler
- National Park Service (1997), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletins, retrieved December 17, 2008.
- National Park Service, "National Register of Historic Places Program: Research", National Register of Historic Places, retrieved February 19, 2013.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Oregon Historic Sites Database, retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 4, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Tonsfeldt, Ward; Trussel, Tim; Boyer, William (February 12, 1998), National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Oregon Pacific Railroad Historic District (PDF), retrieved February 14, 2013.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, National Register Program
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places site
- Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson County, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons