National Register of Historic Places listings in Johnson County, Kansas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Johnson County, Kansas.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Johnson County, Kansas, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 23 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|8140 W. 183rd St.
|2||Broadmoor Ranch House Historic District||
|6900-7017 W. 68th St., 6900-7001 W. 69th St., 6900-7019 W. 69th Terr.
|18995 W. 183rd St.
|4||Herman B. Foster House||
|204 W. Main St.
|6624 Wenonga Rd.
|18745 S. Dillie Rd.
|7||Franklin R. Lanter House||
|562 W. Park St.
|8||Lone Elm Campground Swale||
|21151 W. 167th St.
||Olathe||Part of the Santa Fe Trail MPS|
|9||Loomis Historic District||
|8325 Johnson Dr., 5900 Hadley, 5923 Hadley
|10||J. B. Mahaffie House||
|1100 Kansas City Rd.
|11||John McCarthy House||
|19700 Sunflower Rd.
|12||Albert Ott House||
|401 S. Harrison St.
|7204 W. 80th St.
|14||Martin Van Buren Parker House||
|631 W. Park St.
|15||I. O. Pickering House||
|507 W. Park St.
|16||Redel Historic District||
|16310 Mission Rd., 3950, 3970, 3990, and 4010 W. 163rd St.
|17||Shawnee Methodist Mission||
|53rd St. at Mission Rd.
|18||William Thomas Turner Barn||
|19805 S. Moonlight Rd.
|19||Virginia School District No. 33||
|71st St. and Clare Rd.
|20||Herman J. and Ella B. Voigts House||
|2405 W. 103rd St.
|21||Westwood Hills Historic District||
|Bounded by State Line Rd., W. 50th St. Terr., Rainbow Blvd., N. side of W. 48th St. Terr.
|5701 Oakwood Rd.
|23||WPA Beach House at Gardner Lake||
|Western shore of Gardner Lake, north of Gardner
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Johnson County, Kansas.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kansas
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 11, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.