National Register of Historic Places listings in Malheur County, Oregon
This list presents the full set of buildings, structures, objects, sites, or districts designated on the National Register of Historic Places in Malheur County, Oregon, and offers brief descriptive information about each of them. The National Register recognizes places of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 88,000 National Register sites nationwide, Oregon is home to over 1,950, and 17 of those are found in Malheur County.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Birch Creek Ranch Historic Rural Landscape||
|Owyhee R., jct. with Birch Cr. and Gaging Stn.
|2||James Rowley and Mary J. Blackaby House||
|717 SW 2nd St.
|3||Jean Baptiste Charbonneau Memorial and Inskip Station Ruins||
|N of Danner off US 95
|4||First Bank of Vale||
|148 Main St. S.
|5||Green Lantern Saloon||
|11 S. 1st St.
|6||Moses and Mary Hart Stone House and Ranch Complex||
|1 mile (1.6 km) west of Post Office on Bully Creek County Rd.
|9 Good Ave.
|8||Old Stone House||
|283 S. Main St.
|9||Oregon Short Line Railroad Depot||
|300 Depot Lane
|10||Oregon Trail Historic District||
|5 miles (8.0 km) southeast of Vale at Lytle Blvd.
|11||Owyhee Dam Historic District||
|Owyhee Lake Road
||Adrian vicinity||Historic district including Owyhee Dam that is a NPS featured property|
|Bassett St. (U.S. 95)
|13||Sheep Ranch Fortified House||
|W of Arock
|14||Al Thompson and Son's Feed and Seed Company||
|117 Good Ave.
|15||Vale Drug Store||
|158 Main St. N
|16||Vale Hotel and Grand Opera House||
|123 S. Main St.
|17||Vinsonhaler Blacksmith Shop||
|122 Good Ave.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Oregon
- Listings in neighboring counties: Baker, Canyon, Grant, Harney, Humboldt, Owyhee, Payette, Washington
- Historic preservation
- History of Oregon
- Lists of Oregon-related topics
- Andrus, Patrick W.; Shrimpton, Rebecca H.; et al. (2002), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletin (15), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, retrieved June 20, 2014.
- National Park Service, "National Register of Historic Places Program: Research", National Register of Historic Places, retrieved February 19, 2013.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Oregon Historic Sites Database (online database), retrieved July 26, 2014. Note that a simple count of National Register records in this database returns a slightly higher total than actual listings, due to duplicate records. A close reading of detailed query results is necessary to arrive at the precise count.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 26, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- National Park Service (2010-10-01). "Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/20/10 through 9/24/10". Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, National Register Program
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places site
- Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Malheur County, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons