National Register of Historic Places listings in Nash County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Nash County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Gen. Joseph Arrington House||
|SE of Hilliardston on SR 1500
|SW of Enfield
|3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.
|330 Southern Blvd.
|N. First & E. Washington Sts.
|N of Red Oak
|8||Dr. Hassell Brantley House||
|301 Branch St.
|SR 1527 off NC 43
|10||Falls Road Historic District||
|500-600 Avent St., 100-200 Braswell St., 100 Earl St., 400-700 Falls Rd., 500 Peachtree St. and 100 Wilkinson St.
|11||Dr. Franklin Hart Farm||
|306, S. Grace St.
|NW of Battleboro on SR 1510
|7427 Winters Rd.
|15||Nash County Courthouse||
|Washington St. between Drake and N. Court Sts.
|16||Nashville Historic District||
|Roughly 100-400 W. Washington and 100-300 E. Washington Sts.
|17||Red Oak Community House||
|E. Side, Church St., approx. 0.1 N of jct. with NC 43
|18||Rocky Mount Central City Historic District||
|Portions of 26 blocks on Main, Washington, Church, Battle, Hammond, Hill, Howard, Ivy, Gay, Goldleaf, and Thomas Sts.
||Rocky Mount||Present boundaries reflect a boundary increase and decrease of August 27, 2009; original boundaries were "roughly bounded by Robinson and Atlantic Aves. and Holly and Franklin Sts."|
|19||Rocky Mount Electric Power Plant||
|217 Andrews St.
|20||Rocky Mount Mills||
|NC 43 and NC 48
|21||Rocky Mount Mills Village Historic District||
|Bounded by Tar R., Columbia Ave., Spring St., and Carr St.
|N of Nashville off NC 58
|23||Spring Hope Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Franklin, Louisburg, Second and Community Sts.
|Falls Rd. extension
|SR 1120 W of SR 1124
|8194 Webb's Mill Rd.
||Spring Hope vicinity|
|27||Villa Place Historic District||
|200-300 S. Grace St., 400-600 Hammond St., 200-300 Howell St., 400-600 Nash St, 200-300 Pearl St., 200-300 Villa St.; also roughly along Chester St., Tillery St., NC 64, and Pearl St.
||Rocky Mount||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of September 6, 2002|
|28||West Haven Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Lafayetter and Pinecrest Aves., and the Tar River
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Nash County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 1, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.