National Register of Historic Places listings in Nicholas County, West Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Nicholas County, West Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Nicholas County, West Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Barbour - Berkeley - Boone - Braxton - Brooke - Cabell - Calhoun - Clay - Doddridge - Fayette - Gilmer - Grant - Greenbrier - Hampshire - Hancock - Hardy - Harrison - Jackson - Jefferson - Kanawha - Lewis - Lincoln - Logan - Marion - Marshall - Mason - McDowell - Mercer - Mineral - Mingo - Monongalia - Monroe - Morgan - Nicholas - Ohio - Pendleton - Pleasants - Pocahontas - Preston - Putnam - Raleigh - Randolph - Ritchie - Roane - Summers - Taylor - Tucker - Tyler - Upshur - Wayne - Webster - Wetzel - Wirt - Wood - Wyoming
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|West Webster Rd.
|1400 Webster Rd.
|3||Dr. Flavius Brown House||
|Old Wilderness Rd.
|4||James B. Carden House||
|1082 Country Rd.
|5||Carnifex Ferry State Park||
|South of Kesslers Cross Lanes off WV 129
||Kesslers Cross Lanes|
|6||Downtown Richwood Historic District||
|Roughly including portions of Main St., Oakford Ave., and Commercial St.
|7||Capt. John Halstead Farm||
|Whitewater Rd. (County Route 9)
||Kesslers Cross Lanes|
|8||Martin Hamilton House||
|9||Lockwood Historic District||
|Roughly along WV 39
|Junction of West Virginia Routes 39 and WV 129
|11||Nicholas County Bank||
|800 Main St.
|12||Nicholas County Courthouse||
|700 Main St.
|13||Nicholas County High School||
||Summersville||This is the former high school building; the current property is not listed.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Nicholas County, West Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in West Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in West Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 19, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.