National Register of Historic Places listings in Pickaway County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Pickaway County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Pickaway County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 28 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||William Marshall Anderson House||November 29, 1979||131 W. Union St.
|2||Arledge Mounds I and II||July 30, 1974||Off State Route 56 southeast of Circleville
||Pickaway Township||Not along any road|
|3||Ashville Depot||February 25, 1980||Madison and Cromley Sts.
|4||Bazore Mill||December 19, 1978||South of Williamsport on State Route 138 at Deer Creek
||Deer Creek Township|
|5||Bellevue||March 17, 1976||North of Kingston on State Route 159
|6||Joseph Black Farmhouse||August 9, 1982||9862 Heffner Rd.
|7||Circleville Historic District||May 16, 1978||Main and Court Sts.
|8||W.C. Clemmons Mound||May 2, 1974||Southern side of Florence Chapel Rd., northwest of Fox
||Jackson Township||Near Fox|
|9||Fridley-Oman Farm||December 6, 1975||West of Marcy in Slate Run Metropolitan Park
|10||Gill-Morris Farm||August 14, 1986||10104 State Route 56, southeast of Circleville
||Salt Creek Township|
|11||Horn Mound||August 7, 1974||Dead end of Armstrong Road, southeast of Tarlton
||Salt Creek Township||Near Tarlton|
|12||Horsey-Barthelmas Farm||July 24, 1980||West of Circleville on State Route 104
|13||Lawndale Farm Complex||April 19, 1984||26476 Gay Dreisbach Rd., south of Circleville
|14||Luthor List Mound||October 16, 1974||Along the Kingston Pike, southeast of Circleville
|Circleville Township||Also known as the Burning Mound|
|15||Matthew McCrea House||September 29, 1988||428 E. Main St.
|16||Memorial Hall||November 21, 1980||165 E. Main St.
|17||Morris House||August 3, 1979||149 W. Union St.
|18||Mount Oval||July 25, 1974||Off U.S. Route 23, south of Circleville
|19||Perrill-Goodman Farm House||March 14, 1985||Goodman Rd., south of Groveport
|20||Stevenson Peters House||February 9, 1984||9860 State Route 188, northeast of Circleville
|21||Redlands||May 14, 1982||1960 N. Court St., north of Circleville
|22||Renick Farm||March 5, 1982||North of South Bloomfield on U.S. Route 23
|23||Saint Philip's Episcopal Church||May 15, 1986||129 W. Mound St.
|24||Scioto Township District No. 2 Schoolhouse||May 6, 1987||8143 Snyder Rd., east of Orient
|25||The Shack||May 23, 1974||Northwest of Williamsport
|26||Tick Ridge Mound District||June 11, 1975||Tick Ridge Peninsula in Deer Creek State Park
|27||Ansel T. Walling House||December 14, 1987||146 W. Union St.
|28||Watt-Groce-Fickhardt House||August 23, 1985||360 E. Main St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Pickaway County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 6, 2013.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- "Front Cover". Ohio Archaeologist 34.2 (1984): 3.
- Meeting minutes for Monday, 18 December 2006, Pickaway County Commissioners, 2006. Accessed 2009-10-14.
- Location derived from Mills, William C. Archeological Atlas of Ohio. Columbus: Ohio State Archeological and Historical Society, 1914, page 65 and plate 65. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location derived from the parcel report from the Pickaway County Auditor's Office; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location derived from its GNIS feature record; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"
- "Deer Creek Park", Record Herald, 2010-08-17. Accessed 2013-03-14.