National Register of Historic Places listings in Pottawattamie County, Iowa
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Pottawattamie County, Iowa.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Pottawattamie County, Iowa, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 36 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including one National Historic Landmark. Two other sites were once listed on the Register but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed/removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
Removed March 27, 2007
|169 West Broadway
|2||South Omaha Bridge||
Removed July 14, 2011
(Ref. # missing)
|U.S. Route 275/Nebraska Highway 92 over the Missouri River
||Council Bluffs||Spanned Missouri River to Council Bluffs, Iowa; part of the Highway Bridges in Nebraska Multiple Property Submission (MPS); demolished in February and March 2010|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Pottawattamie County, Iowa.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 28, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Kaufman, Kirby (March 14, 2010). "Rest of Veterans bridge demolished". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved July 27, 2011.