National Register of Historic Places listings in Putnam County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Putnam County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Putnam County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|Southern side of State Road 240, east of Greencastle
|835 E. Washington St.
|3||Brick Chapel United Methodist Church||
|3547 N. U.S. Route 231 at Brick Chapel
|4||Samuel Brown House||
|1558 E. County Road 1100N, southwest of Roachdale
|5||Courthouse Square Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by College Ave., Walnut, Market, and Franklin Sts.
|6||Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity House||
|620 Anderson St.
|7||East College of DePauw University||
|300 Simpson St.
|8||Eastern Enlargement Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by E. Franklin, Wood, Anderson, and College Sts.
|9||Richard M. Hazelett House||
|911 E. Washington St.
|10||Alfred Hirt House||
|W. Walnut Street Rd., west of Greencastle
|11||Melville F. McHaffie Farm||
|U.S. Route 40, southwest of Stilesville
|12||McKim Observatory, DePauw University||
|DePauw and Highbridge Aves.
|13||F.P. Nelson House||
|701 E. Seminary
|14||Northwood Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Shadowlawn, N. Arlington, E. Franklin, and Hillsdale Aves.
||Greencastle||Historic Residential Suburbs in the United States, 1830-1960 MPS|
|15||James Edington Montgomery O'Hair House||
|U.S. Route 231 ½ mile south of its junction with 500 North Rd. and north of Brick Chapel
|16||Old Greencastle Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by W. Liberty, Market, W. Poplar, and W. Gillespie Sts.
|17||Putnam County Bridge No. 159||
|County Road 650W over Big Walnut Creek at Reelsville
|18||Putnamville Presbyterian Church||
|State Road 243 at Putnamville
|19||Lycurgus Stoner House||
|Manhattan Rd., southwest of Greencastle
|20||William C. Van Arsdel House||
|125 Wood St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Putnam County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Putnam County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 3, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology. Putnam County Interim Report. Indianapolis: Indiana Department of Natural Resources, 1982-04, 39. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".