National Register of Historic Places listings in Tazewell County, Illinois
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Tazewell County, Illinois.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Tazewell County, Illinois, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 16 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Allentown Union Hall||
|2 mi. E of IL 121
|2||Ayer Public Library||
|200 Locust St.
|3||Cemetery Road Bridge||
|Candlewood Dr. within Glendale Cemetery
|4||Clear Lake Site||
|Junction of 1200E and 2600N in Sand Ridge State Park
||Manito||Extends into Mason County|
|5||Delavan Commercial Historic District||
|307, 309-324, 400, 401, 404-410, 412, and 414 Locust St.
|105 Zinser Place
|7||Denhart Bank Building||
|101 Washington Square
|8||Farm Creek Section||
|S side of Farm Creek
|9||Carl Herget Mansion||
|420 Washington St.
|10||Illinois Traction System Mackinaw Depot||
|301 N. Main St.
|11||Pekin Federal Building||
|334 Elizabeth St.
|12||Peoria Lock and Dam Historic District||
|1071 Wesley Rd.
|13||St. Louis, Peoria and Northern Railroad Depot||
|1900 block of Broadway St.
|14||Tazewell County Courthouse||
|Court St. between Capitol and Fourth Sts.
|15||Third Street Bridge||
|Third St., bet. Pine and Elm Sts.
|Locust Rd. over Mackinaw River, approx. 4.9 mi. S of Tremont
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||21-29 S. Capitol St.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 4, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Maruszak, Kathleen. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Clear Lake Site. National Park Service, 1977-01, 3.
- Address visible in this photo
- Moved ca. 2006 from 1400 block to 1900 block of Broadway; see Harris, Sharon Woods, "Train depot renovations to begin", Pekin Times, 2011-12-02, retrieved 2011-12-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Tazewell County, Illinois.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Illinois
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Illinois