National Register of Historic Places listings in Valencia County, New Mexico
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Valencia County, New Mexico.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Valencia County, New Mexico, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 4 National Historic Landmarks.
|Bernalillo – Catron – Chaves – Cibola – Colfax – Curry – De Baca – Doña Ana – Eddy – Grant – Guadalupe – Harding – Hidalgo – Lea – Lincoln – Los Alamos – Luna – McKinley – Mora – Otero – Quay – Rio Arriba – Roosevelt – San Juan – San Miguel – Sandoval – Santa Fe – Sierra – Socorro – Taos – Torrance – Union – Valencia|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|13 miles south of Casa Blanca on State Road 23
|2||Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Depot||
|U.S. Route 85
|3||Miguel E. Baca House||
|State Road 47
|200 Becker Ave.
|5||Felipe Chaves House||
|325 Lala St.
|7||El Cerro Tome Site||
|0.5 miles east of the junction of State Road 47 and Tome Hill Rd.
|8||El Morro National Monument||
|2 miles west of El Morro via State Road 53
|9||Belen Harvey House||
|104 N. 1st St.
|12 miles southwest of Zuni on the Zuni Indian Reservation
|45 miles west of Albuquerque off old U.S. Route 66
||Albuquerque||San Jose de la Laguna|
|12||Los Ojuelos (The Springs)||
|13||Tranquilino Luna House||
|Southwest of Los Lunas at the junction of U.S. Route 85 and State Road 6
|14||Otero's 66 Service||
|100 Main St.
|15||San Estevan del Rey Mission Church||
|On State Road 23
|16||San Jose de la Laguna Mission and Convento||
|Address unknown at this time
|17||San Mateo Archeological Site||
|19||Village of Encinal Day School||
|Northwest of Encinal
|20||Dr. William Frederick Wittwer House||
|State Road 6, west of U.S. Route 85
||Zuni Pueblo||Extends into Cibola and McKinley counties|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Valencia County, New Mexico.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New Mexico
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New Mexico
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 3, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.