National Register of Historic Places listings in Vinton County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Vinton County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties on the National Register of Historic Places in Vinton County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 10 properties listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Eakin Mill Covered Bridge||
|Mound Hill Rd. north of Arbaugh
|5 miles northeast of Zaleski on State Route 278
|4||Masonic Lodge No. 472||
|18 Commercial St.
|5||Mt. Olive Road Covered Bridge||
|1 mile northeast of Allensville on Mt. Olive Rd.
|6||Ponn Humpback Covered Bridge||
|4 miles southwest of Wilkesville over Raccoon Creek
||Wilkesville Township||Built in 1874 to replace an arsoned structure; arsoned in 2013|
|7||Ranger Station Mound||
|Entrance to Zaleski State Forest
|5 miles northeast of Londonderry on State Route 327
|9||Trinity Episcopal Church||
|Sugar and High Sts.
|10||Zaleski Methodist Church Mound||
|114 Broadway St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Vinton County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 26, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Investigators Still Looking for Answers in Humpback Bridge Fire, Vinton County Courier, 2013-08-07. Accessed 2013-08-20.
- Location derived from Owen, Lorrie K., ed. Dictionary of Ohio Historic Places. Vol. 1. St. Clair Shores: Somerset, 1999, 1369. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location derived from Owen, Lorrie K., ed. Dictionary of Ohio Historic Places. Vol. 2. St. Clair Shores: Somerset, 1999, 1370. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location given is that of Zaleski United Methodist Church as given by this United Methodist Church website. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".