National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Mississippi
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Mississippi.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Washington County, Mississippi, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 22 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|Southwestern quarter of the southwestern quarter of Section 12, Township 16 North, Range 7 West
|2||Armitage Herschell Carousel||
|323 Main St.
|3||Bank of Washington||
|120 S. Poplar St.
|Junction of Mississippi Highways 1 and 438
|5||Doe's Eat Place||
|502 Nelson St.
|137 N. Poplar St.
||Greenville||Demolished in 2009|
|7||First National Bank of Greenville||
|Main and S. Poplar Sts.
|8||Gamwyn Park Historic District||
|Bounded by Gamwyn Park Dr., N. Gamwyn Dr., E. Gamwyn Dr., S. Dr., and W. Gamwyn Dr.
|9||Greenville Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly Main St. from Walnut to Poplar Sts.
|Southwest of Greenville off U.S. Route 82
|11||Hollandale Downtown Historic District||
|Washington St. from East to Morgan Aves.
|Southeast of the junction of U.S. Route 82 and County Road 299
|623 S. Washington Ave.
|14||Leland Historic District||
|Portions of N. and S. Broad, N. and S. Main, Deer Creek Dr., and 3rd St.
|North of the Glen Allan junction of Mississippi Highways 69 and 97
|Northwest of Foote off Mississippi Highway 1
|17||Old Delta Democrat Times Building||
|201-203 Main St.
|18||U.S. Post Office||
|204 N. Broad St.
|19||Junius R. Ward House||
|Old Mississippi Highway 1
|20||Washington Avenue-Main Street Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by railroad tracks, Yerger, Arnold Ave., and Cherry St.
|509 Washington Ave.
|Along Mississippi Highway 1, approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Greenville
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||148 N. Broadway
||Greenville||Demolished in December 1986|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Washington County, Mississippi.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Mississippi
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Mississippi
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 4, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Phillips, Philip, et al. Archaeological Survey in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley 1940-1947. Reprint ed. Tuscaloosa: U of Alabama P, 2003, 58.
- Location derived from this National Park Service webpage; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"