Ministry of Science and Technology (Republic of China)
|Formed||1 February 1959 (as National Science Council)
3 February 2014 (as MOST)
|Jurisdiction||Republic of China|
|Ministers responsible||Chang San-cheng, Minister
Lin Yi-bing, Deputy Minister
|Parent agency||Executive Yuan|
The Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of China (MOST; Chinese: 中華民國科技部; pinyin: Zhōnghuá Mínguó Kējìbù) is the main governmental promotion and funding body of the Republic of China for science research in Taiwan.
The MOST was originally established as the National Science Council (NSC; Chinese: 國家科學委員會; pinyin: Guójiā Kēxué Wěiyuánhuì) on 1 February 1959. The NSC became the Ministry of Science and Technology on 3 February 2014.
- Department of Planning
- Department of Natural Sciences and Sustainable Development
- Department of Engineering and Technologies
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of International Cooperation and Science Educations
- Department of Foresight and Innovation Policies
- Department of Academia-Industry Collaboration and Science Park Affairs
- Department of General Affairs
- Department of Personnel
- Department of Budget, Accounting and Statistics
- Department of Government Ethics
- Department of Information Services
- Legal Affairs Committee (Petitions and Appeals Committee)
- Office of Congressional Relations
Bureau and Agencies
- Hsinchu Science Park Bureau
- Central Taiwan Science Park Bureau
- Southern Taiwan Science Park Bureau
- National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction
- National Applied Research Laboratories
- National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center
National Science Council
Ministry of Science and Technology
- Chang San-cheng (2014–)
The 2014 budget for MOST is NT$ 44,043 million, in which 79.6% is dedicated for support for academic research, 12.5% for promotion of national science and technology development and 7.9% for development of science parks.
- "Premier picks new ministers in reshuffle". Taipei Times. 2014-04-30. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Science, EPA ministers take posts". Taipei Times. 2014-04-30. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- National Science Council (Chinese (Taiwan))
- Science & Technology Policy Research and Information Center (STPI)
|This article related to government in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|