National Stock Exchange (Jersey City, New Jersey)
The National Stock Exchange (NSX) is an electronic stock exchange based in Jersey City, New Jersey. It was founded March 1885 in Cincinnati, Ohio, as the Cincinnati Stock Exchange. In 1976, it closed its physical trading floor and became an all-electronic stock market. The Cincinnati Stock Exchange moved its headquarters to Chicago in 1995, and changed its name to the National Stock Exchange - NSX - on November 7, 2003. Owned by its members since inception, it demutualized in 2006. It later moved its headquarters to Jersey City, New Jersey. In September 2011, CBOE Stock Exchange (CBX) entered into an agreement to acquire the National Stock Exchange. The acquisition was completed on December 30, 2011 with both exchanges to operate under separate names. The National Stock Exchange continues to be based in Jersey City.
Two previous exchanges, both located in New York City, operated as the National Stock Exchange. The first exchange operated for seven months to September 1869. The other, owned by the New York Mercantile Exchange, traded from about 1962 to 1974.
- Chapman, Peter (8 February 2013). "New NSX Order Type Cuts Out ECNs". Traders Magazine Online News. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Cincinnati's Stock Exchange". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). 1885-03-10. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- Frank Fabozzi, ed. (2008). Handbook of Finance, Financial Markets and Instruments, Volume 1. John Wiley: New York. ISBN 0-470-07814-6.
- National Stock Exchange. "Going "National"". Archived from the original on 2007-06-26. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- "CBOE Stock Exchange Completes Acquisition of National Stock Exchange". CBOE Stock Exchange Press Release. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Kirby Faciane (2008). Stock Exchange Organization. H.C. Baird: Philadelphia. ISBN 0-9788208-6-X.
- Official website
- Antilla, Susan (1995-05-16). "Market Place; Why more stock exchanges? Brokers see a way to profit". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2007-11-07.
|This article about stock exchanges is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|