National Taipei University
|National Taipei University|
|Motto in English||Searching for the truth and serving the people|
|President||Dr Hsueh Fu Ching (薛富井 Xuē Fùjǐng)|
|Location||Sanxia District, New Taipei, Taiwan|
|Campus||Urban and Suburban
The National Taipei University (NTPU; Chinese: 國立臺北大學; pinyin: Guólì Táiběi Dàxué) is a public university in Taiwan, founded in 1949. Before 2000, the University was named the College of Law and Business, National Chung Hsing University (traditional Chinese: 國立中興大學法商學院; simplified Chinese: 国立中兴大学法商学院; pinyin: Guólì Zhōngxīng Dàxué Fǎshāngxué Yuàn). The university's main campus is in Sanxia District, New Taipei, Taiwan. Two other small campuses are in Zhongshan District, Taipei, Taiwan.
NTPU is regarded as one of the best universities in Taiwan, particularly in law, business, public affairs, humanities and social sciences. Approximately 10,950 students attend National Taipei University. It is also a member of the University System of Taipei (USTP).
History and development
National Taipei University is one of the most prestigious universities in Taiwan. NTPU has undergone different stages of development. It began as the Taiwan Provincial College of Law and Business in 1949; it merged with and became the local Junior College of Administration and the specifically established Administrative Junior College. In 1961, it combined with the newly established College of Science and Engineering to become Taiwan Provincial Chung Hsing University. In 1964, the Evening School was set up on the Taipei Campus. In 1968 another Evening School and the College of Liberal Arts were added to the Taichung Campus. The University continued to grow in size, and in 1971 it became National Chung Hsing University. In February 2000, the Taipei Campus including the College of Law and Business and Taipei Evening School became National Taipei University.
Facing the challenges from all over the world, NTPU has adopted an aggressive approach to connect with the international academic society. So far, NTPU has signed MOUs and/or agreements with more than 110 universities worldwide to form partnerships. These partnerships are manifested through all kinds of programs for students and academic faculties, including international joint research, exchange scholars, visiting scholars, dual degrees, exchange programs, and internships.
NTPU has many exchange and visiting students from India, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, France, Poland and other European countries. Many of these students are drawn by our high teaching quality and the relatively low expenses. NTPU also provides various Master’s and Bachelor's degree courses taught in all-English instruction, courses on Asian/Chinese cultures and the Chinese language for international students who wish to learn more about various disciplines. Dual degree programs with the universities in the US are available in forms of internship opportunities for international students. Furthermore, NTPU is keen on organizing short-term inbound/outbound programs and other tailor-made intensive programs for our partner universities during summer and winter breaks.
|Sansia (Main) Campus||151, University Road, Sansia, New Taipei City 23741 Taiwan||54.53|
|Minsheng Campus||67, Sec. 3, Minsheng E. Road, Taipei City 10478, Taiwan||1.62|
|Jianguo Campus||69, Sec. 2, Jianguo N. Road, Taipei City 10433, Taiwan||2.91|
The president heads the university, while each college is headed by a dean and each department by a chairman:
- College of Law
- Department of Law
- Graduate School of Law
- The Center of Comparative Law Documentation
- College of Business
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Banking & Cooperative Management
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Recreational Sport Management
- Graduate Institute of Information Management
- Electronic Business Research Center (EBRC)
- Center for Cooperative Economics & Non-Profit Organizations (CCENB)
- EMBA in International Finance
- Graduate Institute of International Business
- College of Public Affairs
- Department of Public Administration and Policy
- Department of Real Estate and Built Environment
- Department of Public Finance
- Graduate Institute of Urban Planning
- Graduate Institute of Natural Resource Management
- Research Center for Public Opinion and Election Studies
- Center for Land Management and Technology
- College of Social Sciences:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Social Work
- Graduate School of Criminology
- Research Center for Taiwan Development
- College of Humanities
- Department of Chinese Languages and Literature
- Department of Foreign Languages and Applied Linguistics
- Department of History
- Graduate Institute of Folk Arts
- Graduate Institute of Classical Texts
- Center for International Negotiations and Interpretations (CINI)
- College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- Department of Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Chiang Pin-kung - Former Minister of Economic Affairs
- Lin Fong-cheng - Former Vice Chairman of Kuomintang
- Perng Fai-nan - Governor of Central Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Wang Ginn-wang - Minister of Coast Guard Administration
- Wong Chin-chu - Former Minister of Cultural Affairs, former Magistrate of Changhua County
- Yu Shyi-kun - Former Premier of the Republic of China
- Xu Yi-xiong - Deputy Governor, Central Bank of The Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Liang Fa-jin - Deputy Governor, Central Bank of The Republic of China (Taiwan), Senior Vice President of Ntpu
- Laai Ying-zhao - President of Judicial Yuan, R.o.c. Vice Premier, Executive Yuan, The Honorable Justice
- Cheng Zhong-mo - Vice President of Judicial Yuan, R.o.c. The Honorable Justice
- Zhen Chun-sheng - The Honorable Justice
- Zeng Hua-song - The Honorable Justice
- Li Zhi-peng - The Honorable Justice
- Rao Ying-ji - Vice President of The Legislative Yuan
- Xu Li-de - Advisor, office of The President;vice Premier, Executive Yuan; Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs; Minister, Ministry of Finance
- Lin Zhong-sen - Secretary General, Executive Yuan; Political Deputy Minister, Ministry of the Interior; Chairman, Straits Exchange Foundation
- Li Hou-gao - Secretary General, Executive Yuan,
- Liu Yu-shan - Secretary General, Executive Yuan; Minister Without Portfolio, Executive Yuan
- Ye Guo-xing - Secretary General, Executive Yuan; Minister Without Portfolio, Executive Yuan.
- Chen Rui-long - Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Ye Jin-feng - Minister, Ministry of Interior; Minister, Ministry of Justice.
- Jian Tai-lang - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Interior.
- Xu Xin-qi - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Interior; County Commissioner of Taoyuan.
- Wang Zhuo-jun - Director General,national Police Agency.
- Kang Ning-xiang - Vice Minister,ministry of Justice; Member Council, Ministry of Audit, control Yuan.
- Ke Cheng-heng - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Justice.
- Li Jin-yong - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Justice ;mayor of Keelung City.
- Guo Lin-yong - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Justice.
- Wang Rong-zhou - Director General, Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Justice.
- Wang Guang-yu - Director General, Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Justice.
- Ye Sheng-mao - Director General, Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Justice.
- Wu Ying - Director General, Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Justice.
- Wu Li-zhen - Deputy General, Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Justice.
- Shen Lu-xun - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Representative, Taipei Representative office in the UK
- Chen Rui-long - Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Huang Ying-shan - Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Lin Sheng-shong - Administrative Deputy Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs; Chairman, Chinese Petroleum Corporation.
- Zhuo Rong-tai - Secretary General, Executive Yuan; Secretary General, Dpp Taiwan.
- Ding Ke-hua - Administrative Deputy, Securities And Futures Bureau, Executive Yuan.
- Zeng Ming-zong - Chairman, Financial Supervisory Commission, Executive Yuan; President, Taiwan Cooperative Bank.
- Zeng Guo-lie - Director-general, Bank Bureau, Financial Supervisory Commission, Executive Yuan .
- Chen Jun-lin - Vice Chairman, Research, Development And Evaluation Commission, Executive Yuan.
- Zhang Zheng-xiong - Chairman, Central Election Commission.
- Wu Tai-cheng - Director-general Personnel Administration, Executive Yuan.
- Wu Jin-fa - Vice Chairperson, Ministry of Culture Affairs, Executive Yuan .
- Li Gao-xiang - Vice Chairman, Sports Administration, Executive Yuan.
- Wu Rong-ming - Vice Premier, Examination Yuan; Chairman, Taiwan Sugar Corporation.
- Wu Wan-lan - Minister, Ministry of Examination, Examination Yuan.
遠見雜誌2012年2月號大學特刊:2012企業最愛大學調查 2012 Magazine <Vision> the rankings of the general public university 第7名/No. 7
2013遠見雜誌2013年大學聲望調查 2013 Magazine <Vision> the rankings of the general public university 第9名/No. 9
2014 遠見雜誌綜合性公立大學排名 2014 Magazine <Vision> the rankings of the general public university 第5名/No. 5
2014 姊妹校數量 2014 total of partner schools 119所 (大洋洲4,亞洲61,歐洲29,美洲23,其他3)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2008)|
- "臺北大學精神 (Chinese)". NTPU. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Taipei University.|
- NTPU official website (English)