National Technical Honor Society
NTHS began in 1984 as the National Vocational-Technical Honor Society at H.B. Swofford Career Center, Spartanburg County, South Carolina. In 2003, the board of directors unanimously agreed to change the name of the organization from the National Vocational-Technical Honor Society to the National Technical Honor Society.
Today NTHS serves over 2,500 member schools and universities throughout the nation.
The goals of the National Technical Honor Society include:
- Rewarding excellence in workforce education
- Developing self-esteem, pride
- Encouraging students to reach higher levels of achievement
- Promoting strong values-honesty, responsibility, initiative, teamwork, leadership, citizenship, scholarship
- Helping schools build effective business partnerships
- Building a strong positive image for workforce education in America
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2007)|
|This honor society-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|