|Company||National Wildlife Federation|
|Based in||Reston, Virginia|
National Wildlife is an American magazine published bi-monthly by the National Wildlife Federation (NWF), a nonprofit conservation group. In publication since 1962, and with an emphasis on wildlife conservation and natural history, it is designed to inform NWF’s Associate Members and other readers about key issues relating to the nation's natural resources and environment.
The magazine features photography, stories and articles on nature and wildlife. The magazine also reports on new discoveries about wildlife and wild animal behavior, how to garden naturally using native plants and how to attract birds, butterflies and other wildlife to backyards and gardens.
Information, advice and tips are also provided on the National Wildlife Magazine website on wildlife gardening, birding, wildlife photography, wildlife/animals and outdoor family activities.
Annual Photography Contest
National Wildlife magazine also offers an annual Photography Contest and has done so for 40 years. Winners from the Photo Contest are published in the Magazine and on the Magazine website.
- "Found: Five New Populations of Endangered Species" from National Wildlife Magazine 1/6/2010
- "New Species Found in Ancient Caves?" from National Wildlife Magazine 1/15/2010
- "Which Bird Seeds are Best?" from National Wildlife Magazine 1/31/2010
- "Offer Water to Wildlife in Winter" from National Wildlife Magazine 1/16/2010
- Pictures of the Year 61st Awards
- Pictures of the Year 62nd Awards
- National Wildlife 40th Annual Photo Contest Information
- Outdoor Photography article about 2009 National Wildlife Photo Contest Winners
- National Wildlife 2009 Photo Contest Winners Gallery
- National Wildlife 2009 Photo Contest Honorable Mentions Gallery