|English: The National Anthem of the Republic of Azerbaijan|
National anthem of
|Adopted||1919 (Readopted: 1992)|
Azərbaycan Marşı is the national anthem of Azerbaijan, the original title of which is March of Azerbaijan (Azərbaycan marşı). The words were written by the poet Ahmad Javad, and the music was composed by Azeri composer Uzeyir Hajibeyov. The anthem was adopted in 1919 with the passage of "On the State Hymn of the Republic of Azerbaijan." This anthem is both current national anthem Azerbaijan Republic (got independence in 18 October 1991) and anthem of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (28 May 1918 – 28 April 1920).
|Azerbaijani lyrics||English translation|
Minlərlə can qurban oldu,
Sən olasan gülüstan,
Namusunu hifz etməyə,
Sacrifices too many done,
Let me see you flourish,
To safeguard your sacred land,
Note that, in accordance with Azerbaijani law, there are no official translations of the anthem.
See also 
|March of Azerbaijan (1918-1922)|
|Anthem of the Azerbaijan SSR (1944-1991)|
|March of Azerbaijan (1991-present)
- THE NATIONAL ANTHEM – THE NATIONAL SYMBOLS OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN – Azerbaijan.az. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- National currency: 5 manat. – Central Bank of Azerbaijan. – Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- National Anthem of the Republic of Azerbaijan – Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Full HD Video 1080p: National Anthem of Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan: Azərbaycan marşı – Audio of the national anthem of Azerbaijan, with information and lyrics
See also