Nationalist Congress Party
|Nationalist Congress Party (Rashtravadi Congress Party)|
|Headquarters||10, Bishambhar Das Marg, New Delhi, 110001|
|Political position||Centre to Centre-left|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in Rajya Sabha|
|Politics of India
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) (Marathi: राष्ट्रवादी कॉँग्रस पक्ष) is a centre to centre left political party primarily based in the state of Maharashtra, India. Its youth wing is the Nationalist Youth Congress.
NCP was formed on 25 May 1999, by Sharad Pawar, P. A. Sangma, and Tariq Anwar after they were expelled from the Indian National Congress (INC) on 20 May 1999, for disputing the right of Italian-born Sonia Gandhi to lead the party. At the time of formation, the party also absorbed Indian Congress (Socialist), which traced its origins to anti-coalition partner in the state of Maharashtra in alliance with INC. On 20 June 2012, Sangma quit the NCP to contest in presidential polls.
The party's election symbol is an analogue clock (with two legs and an alarm button) that reads 10:10....
- Sharad Pawar, Minister of Agriculture, Government of India
- Tariq Anwar Member of Parliament, Minister of State for Agriculture Gov. of India & NCP General Secretary,
- Praful Patel, Former Civil Aviation Minister, Cabinet Minister for Heavy Industries
- Devi Prasad Tripathi NCP General Secretary & Chief Spokesperson
- Ajit Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra.(Sharad Pawar's nephew)
- Chagan Bhujbal, Former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Minister of Public Works
- R. R. Patil, Home Minister of Maharashtra
- Sunil Tatkare, Water Resources Minister of Maharashtra.
- Vijaysingh Mohite-Patil, Former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Minister of Rural development and Tourism, Maharashtra
- Dilip Walse-Patil, Speaker of Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha
- Agatha K Sangma, Member of Parliament of India (MP), minister of state for rural development ( P.A. Sangma's Daughter)
- Supriya Sule, Member of Parliament from Baramati (Sharad Pawar's daughter)
- Ganesh Naik, Minister of Excise, Environment and Labour.
- Suryakanta Patil, Former Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India
- Udayanraje Bhosale, The 13th direct descendant of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and Member of Parliament from Satara
- Jayant Patil, Minister for Rural Development, Maharashtra.
- Babanrao Pachpute,Minister for Tribal Welfare, Maharashtra.
- Sanjay Dina Patil, Member of Parliament from Mumbai North East.
- Sameer Bhujbal, Member of Parliament from Nashik in Maharashtra .
- Dr. Sanjeev Naik, Member of Parliament from Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra .
- Padamsinh Bajirao Patil, Member of Parliament from Osmanabad in Maharashtra .
- Dhananjay Munde,Ex Member of Legislative Council, Maharashtra.
- Jitendra Awhad, Member of Legislative Assembly From Mumbra Kalwa and Executive President Maharashtra State Nationalist Congress party.
- ac shanmukhadas Ex. minister in kerala
- Ramachandran, Ex. minister in kerala
- Amol Khatal Patil Vice President,Nationalist Student Congress
Pratik Rajendra Sonawane resident in Nashik entering the NCp youth with a vigour experties and excellent approach to all the levels of people in the social communities.