Nationalist Congress Party
|Nationalist Congress Party
राष्ट्रवादी कॉंग्रेस पार्टी
|Founded||25 May 1999|
|Split from||Indian National Congress|
|Headquarters||10, Bishambhar Das Marg, New Delhi, 110001|
|Political position||Centre to Centre-left|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|||
|Seats in Rajya Sabha|||
|Politics of India
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) (Marathi: राष्ट्रवादी कॉँग्रस पक्ष) is a centre to centre left political party primarily based in the state of Maharashtra and Kerala. Its youth wing is the Nationalist Youth Congress.
NCP was formed on 25 May 1999, by Sharad Pawar, P. A. Sangma, and Tariq Anwar after they were expelled from the Indian National Congress (INC) on 20 May 1999, for disputing the right of Italian-born Sonia Gandhi to lead the party. At the time of formation, the party also absorbed Indian Congress (Socialist), which traced its origins to anti-coalition partner in the state of Maharashtra in alliance with INC. On 20 June 2012, Sangma quit the NCP to contest in presidential polls.
The party's election symbol is an analogue clock (with two legs and an alarm button) that reads 10:10.
- Shri. Sharad Pawar, Ex. Minister of Agriculture, Ex. Minister of Defense, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha from 1998-2000. 4-times Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Mrs. Supriya Sule, MP Loksabha 2009 & 2014 Baramati (Sharad Pawar's daughter)
- Shri. Tariq Anwar Member of Parliament for Katihar, Former Minister of State for Agriculture Gov. of India & NCP General Secretary,
- Shri. Praful Patel, Former Civil Aviation Minister, Ex. Minister for Heavy Industries, Govt of India
- Shri. Devi Prasad Tripathi, NCP General Secretary & Chief Spokesperson
- Shri. Ajit Pawar, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. (Sharad Pawar's nephew), Ex. Minister of WRD
- Shri. Sunil Tatkare, Ex. State President of Party Maharashtra. Ex. Minister of WRD
- Shri. Vijaysingh Mohite-Patil, Senior Leader, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra & Ex. Minister of Rural Development & Tourism, EX. PWD Minister, Chairman, Alcohol Manufacturers Association of India, Chairman-State Sugar committee. MP Loksabha 2014 Madha
- Late. Shri. R. R. Patil, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ex. Home Minister, Ex. Minister of Rural Development
- Shri. Chhagan Bhujbal, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister & Ex. Minister of Public Works
- Shri. Dilip Walse-Patil, Ex. Speaker of Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha, Ex. Higher Education Minister
- Shri. Ganesh Naik, Ex. Minister of Excise, Environment and Labour.
- Shri. Bhaskar Jadhav, Ex. Labor MinisterMaharashtra.
- Shri. Suryakanta Patil, Ex. Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India
- Shri. Udayanraje Bhosale, The 13th direct descendant of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and MP Loksabha 2009 & 2014, Satara
- Shri. Jayant Patil, Ex. Minister for Rural Development, Ex. Finance Minister, Maharashtra.
- "Sangma meets Sonia Gandhi, first time in a decade". The Times of India, 2 June 2009.
- "I have quit NCP, will contest presidential polls: PA Sangma". 29 June 2012.