Cover of first volume featuring (from left to right) Hazuki, Rokka and Atsushi
|Genre||Romance, Supernatural, Drama|
|Written by||Haruka Kawachi|
|Original run||July 2009 – January 2012|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kō Matsuo|
|Network||Fuji TV (noitamina)|
|Original run||July 5, 2012 – September 13, 2012|
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (夏雪ランデブー Natsuyuki Randebū?, lit. A Summer Snow Rendezvous) is a Japanese manga series by Haruka Kawachi which serialized in Shodensha's Feel Young magazine between July 2009 and January 2012. An anime television adaptation by Dogakobo aired in Fuji TV's Noitamina block between July 5, 2012 and September 13, 2012. The anime series has been licensed by Sentai Filmworks in North America.
A young man named Hazuki decides to work at a flower shop after he falls for the owner, Rokka. Unfortunately, Hazuki can see the spirit of Rokka's dead husband, Atsushi, who has made a point of sticking around and interfering with any relationship Rokka may find herself in. What Atsushi didn't count on was being visible to Hazuki.
- Ryōsuke Hazuki (葉月 亮介 Hazuki Ryōsuke?)
- Voiced by: Yuichi Nakamura
- A young man with poor eyesight who decides to work at a flower shop after he falls for the owner, Rokka. He has the ability to see the spirit of Rokka's dead husband, Atsushi. One day, the drunk Hazuki agrees to lend his body to Atsushi without him realizing and was possessed by Atsushi spirit. After he wakes up, he realizes that he's not in the real world anymore, but in the storybook world created by Atsushi. Then he becomes a spirit like Atsushi was before, and only Atsushi (with Hazuki's body) can see his spirit. After he got his body back, he later marries his manager, Rokka and Hazuki has a daughter who looks like him, named Yuki. He died at the age 65 shortly after Rokka's death.
- Rokka Shimao (島尾 六花 Shimao Rokka?)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
- A flower shop owner and widow who still grieves her deceased husband. Ever since Atsushi died three years ago, she had been unable to move on with her life and had given up on love. After Atsushi possesses Hazuki, Atsushi convinces her to fall in love with Hazuki. She would later be remarried with Hazuki and get a daughter who takes over the shop upon her death. She died shortly before Hazuki died.
- Atsushi Shimao (島尾 篤 Shimao Atsushi?)
- Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- Rokka's deceased husband. His spirit still lingers in the floral shop and Rokka's apartment. Only Hazuki can see him, and later on the grandchild of Hazuki and Rokka.
- Miho Shimao (島尾 ミホ Shimao Miho?)
- Voiced by: Yumi Touma
- Atsushi's sister and Rokka's sister-in-law. She helps out at the flower shop, usually when Rokka is unavailable to work.
An anime television adaptation by Dogakobo aired in Fuji TV's Noitamina block between July 5, 2012 and September 13, 2012 and was simulcast by Crunchyroll. The opening theme is "See You" by Yuya Matsushita while the ending theme is "Anata ni Deawa Nakereba ~Natsuyuki Fuyuhana~ (あなたに出会わなければ 〜夏雪冬花〜?, lit. If I Hadn't Met You ~Winter Flowers in the Summer Snow) by Aimer. The series has been licensed in North America by Sentai Filmworks.
|01||July 5, 2012|
|Ryousuke Hazuki begins working at a flower shop after falling in love with its manager, Rokka. One evening while visiting Rokka's apartment, Hazuki is disgruntled to find a man there, believing she already had a lover. However, he soon comes to learn that this man is in fact the spirit of Rokka's deceased husband, Atsushi Shimao, which only Hazuki can see.|
|02||July 12, 2012|
|Hazuki begins to make his feelings for Rokka known to her, but finds interference from Shimao, who refuses to give her to him. After arguing with Hazuki after he accidentally makes a remark about Shimao, she collapses with a fever, forcing Shimao to reluctantly ask for Hazuki's help.|
|03||July 19, 2012|
|As Hazuki and Rokka's sister in law, Miho, help look after the store while Rokka recovers, Shimao starts becoming depressed and begins causing mental earthquakes.|
|04||July 26, 2012|
|Hazuki takes Rokka on a date to an amusement park, which proves to remind her a lot about Shimao. After Hazuki ends up getting drunk after being depressed over something Rokka said, Shimao uses the opportunity to take over his body.|
|05||August 2, 2012|
|As Shimao gets used to Hazuki's body, giving it a sporting new look, Hazuki's spirit finds himself on a desert island, accompanied by an alternate version of Rokka.|
|06||August 9, 2012|
|As Hazuki continues to roam the peculiar dreamland, Rokka, unaware of Shimao possessing Hazuki's body, confesses that she's in love with Hazuki.|
|07||August 16, 2012|
|Rokka goes with Shimao to the beach while Hazuki's trip takes him to the bottom of the sea. As Shimao laments how Rokka has feelings for Hazuki and not her, he runs off with all of his old belongings, leaving behind a familiar message for Rokka.|
|08||August 23, 2012|
|As Rokka chases after Hazuki's body, he comes to realise the truth that he is possessed by Shimao.|
|09||August 30, 2012|
|As Rokka finally manages to reach Shimao and confront him, Hazuki comes to learn the disturbing truth about the world he is in.|
|10||September 6, 2012|
|Hazuki reappears in the real world, only to discover he is in spirit form. As Hazuki observes Rokka and Shimao, Rokka, coming to realise how long Shimao had taken over Hazuki's body for, questions where the Hazuki she fell in love with is.|
|11||September 13, 2012|
|Rokka is given the choice of whether she should live with Hazuki or die and join Shimao, much to Hazuki's horror. In the end, Shimao decides to leave a bite mark on Rokka for her to remember him by before relinquishing his body back to Hazuki, allowing him to reaffirm his love with Rokka. After both Hazuki and Rokka die years later and their daughter takes over the flower shop, Shimao instructs their grandchild to get rid of all his belongings.|
- "First Trailer for Natsuyuki Rendezvous Anime Adaptation Posted". Anime News Network. 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "Sentai Filmworks Adds Natsuyuki Rendezvous". Anime News Network. Retrieved 30 June 2012.