|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2009)|
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2012)|
Natural bodybuilding is a bodybuilding movement with various competitions that take place for bodybuilders who abstain from performance-enhancing drugs. This categorically excludes the use of substances like anabolic steroids, insulin, diuretics and human growth hormone. If a bodybuilder meets the requirements of the sanctioning body (the recognized group or authority that sanctions and validates competitions) that they are competing in, then they are considered to be "natural". There are numerous sanctioning bodies who provide their own rules and regulations that govern the competition procedures, event qualifications, banned substance lists, and drug testing methods.
Natural Bodybuilding has many organizations with competitions where one can earn the rank of a professional natural bodybuilder. Professional natural bodybuilding organizations include:
- PNBA (Professional Natural Bodybuilding Association), professional affiliate of the INBA
- IFPA (International Fitness and Physique Association), professional affiliate to the OCB and NANBF
- WNBF (World Natural Bodybuilding Federation), professional affiliate to the INBF
- Musclemania, professional affiliate to the counterpart amateur organizations of the same name.
- NGA (National Gym Association)
- DFAC (Drug Free Athletes Coalition)
- International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness
- INBA - International Natural Bodybuilding Association