|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Health & Beauty|
|Key people||Amy Baker, CEO|
Nature's Cure is an American health and beauty products company founded in 1994 by Amy Baker, who learned about homeopathic treatments while living in Germany. Their first products were the two-part acne systems, which became available in 1995. Since then, their catalog of products has expanded to offer a greater variety of health and beauty products and treatments. Their products use natural ingredients in conjunction with over-the-counter medications and are not tested on animals.
Nature’s Cure’s 2-Part acne preparations consist of homeopathic tablets and a facial cream. The externally applied Benzoyl Peroxide vanishing cream kills the bacteria that causes acne and also contains aloe and allantoin to prevent the skin from over-drying. Nature’s Cure has specific formulations of the 2-Part Acne Treatments that are targeted to both males and females.
Nature’s Cure's other acne products include Body Acne Treatment Spray, the Anti-Acne Papaya Skin-Care System, and the Anti-Acne Face & Body Shower Kit.
Nature's Cure has a line of over-the-counter feminine care products for yeast infections (candidiasis) including 1-Day and 3-Day yeast infection treatment packs, which each come with vaginal anti-fungal treatment (containing tioconazole or miconazole nitrate, respectively) and homeopathic tablets, as well as yeast control capsules. Like the 2-Part Acne Treatments, Nature’s Cure yeast infection products rely on the Law of Similars, one of the main principles of homeopathy.
Nature’s Cure sponsors and produces a podcast on teen health issues titled: "STR8 Up – Health Talk for Teens." Hosted by Robin Miller, MD, the podcasts have covered topics such as depression, body piercing, second hand smoke, mono (mononucleosis), stress, and obesity.
- Valerie Frazee: Navigating the Process BusinessWeek, May 6, 2003
- Healthy Marketing Pumps Nature's Cure East Bay Business Times, October 12, 2001
- Eliminate acne without the side effects The Citizen.com, September 24, 2003
- 500 List of the fastest-growing privately held companies Inc. Magazine, 2001
- Mass market is familiar territory for former Nestlé manager turned entrepreneur San Francisco Business Times, October 5, 2001
- Homeopathy Homeopathy Therapies
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatments Guide
- Benefits of Aloe Vera Target Woman
- Nature's Cure 2-Part Acne Treatments Nature's Cure
- Body Acne Treatment Spray Nature's Cure
- Anti-Acne Papaya Skin-Care System Nature's Cure
- Anti-Acne Face and Body Shower Kit for Male Skin Nature's Cure
- Nature's Cure Yeast Infection Treatments Nature's Cure
- Law of Similars in Homeopathy HomeoWatch
- Nature's Cure Creates First Corporate Podcast About Teen Health Medical News Today, August 2, 2006
- Up Health Talk for Teens Podcast Podnova
- STR8UP – Health Talk for Teens with Dr. Robin Miller STR8 Up - Health Talk for Teens Podcast