|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Nat. Commun.|
|Edited by||Lesley Anson|
|Publisher||Nature Publishing Group (United Kingdom)|
Nature Communications is a weekly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the Nature Publishing Group since 2010. The editor in chief is Lesley Anson. It is multidisciplinary in scope, with coverage that includes all topics in physics, chemistry, and biology.
The online-only journal is specifically designed to fill in gaps for research articles where there is no dedicated journal available in the Nature Publishing Group journals. For example coverage of this journal includes developmental biology, plant sciences, microbiology, ecology and evolution, palaeontology and astronomy. Cross-disciplinary research such as biophysics, bioengineering, chemical physics and environmental science, are also published. However, all cross-disciplinary works are considered for publication.
Abstracting and indexing 
The journal is indexed in the following databases:
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- The Zoological Record
- BIOSIS Previews
- "Journal archive". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- "Aims and Scope". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- "Editorial board" (See quote). Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-16. "Lesley left Nature to launch Nature Communications in July 2009"
- "Nature Communications". Master Journal List. Thomson Reuters. November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-23.