|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Nat. Nanotechnol.|
|Edited by||Fabio Pulizzi|
|Publisher||Nature Publishing Group|
Nature Nanotechnology is a monthly, peer-reviewed, scientific journal, which is published by Nature Publishing Group. It was established in October 2006. The editor in chief is Fabio Pulizzi, a full-time professional editor who is employed by Nature Publishing Group.
Nature Nanotechnology is focused on all topics regarding nanoscience and nanotechnology. Research coverage includes design, characterization, creation, and assembly of materials at scales required by the particular research endeavor, as well as designing devices and systems which control materials or phenomena. Such devices and systems are built at scales which range from the atomic to the macromolecular.
Hence, coverage also encompasses fundamental research in physics, chemistry, and biology, including computation, and simulation. Also published are development of new devices and technologies applicable to information technology, medicine, manufacturing, and other sectors. Other devices and technologies are related to materials that are high performance or organic, inorganic, and hybrid. Finally, other devices and developments relate to energy and environmental technologies.
Authors and readers
The journal's contributors and readers are chemists, physicists, materials scientists, biomedical researchers, engineers, and others engaged in multidisciplinary research. Available publishing formats are primary research articles, review articles, news, views, commentaries, book reviews, correspondence, and notable research highlights derived from other journals. Finally, broader concerns affecting nanotechnology such as funding, commercialization, ethical and social issues, etc. are also published.
Abstracting and indexing
- Chemical Abstracts Service – CASSI
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing & Technology
- NCBI database
- Index Medicus
Indexed by ISI Nature Nanotechnology collected 21,920 total citations and an impact factor of 31.170 as reported in the 2012 Journal Citation Reports by Thomson Reuters, ranking it second out of 239 journals in the category Materials science, multidisciplinary and first out of 69 journals in the category Nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- "Aims and scope of this journal". Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- Information about the scientific background of the editors "Editorial Team (Nature Nanotechnology)". Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- "Editors and contact information". Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29. "...all editorial decisions are made by a team of full-time professional editors, who are PhD-level scientists."
- List of databases published by Thomson Reuters that index this journal. "Master Journal search". Thomson Reuters. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Nature Nanotechnology". Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI) (Displaying Record for Publication). American Chemical Society. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- Journals referenced in the NCBI databases "NLM catalog". National Center for Biotechnology Information, and U.S. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Journals Ranked by Impact: Materials science, multidisciplinary. "2012 Journal Citation Reports". Web of Science (Sciences ed.) (Thomson Reuters). 2013.
- Journals Ranked by Impact: Nanoscience and nanotechnology. "2012 Journal Citation Reports". Web of Science (Sciences ed.) (Thomson Reuters). 2013.