Naval mobile construction battalion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
There are 9 active-duty naval mobile construction battalions (NMCBs) — known as C.B.'s ("Seabees") — in the United States Navy, split between the east and west coasts. The remaining battalions are Navy Reserve battalions:
West Coast (Port Hueneme, California)
- NMCB 3 ("Better Than Best")
- NMCB 4 ('"4" Does More') (also "Fab-4" while in Davisville)
- NMCB-5 ("The Professionals")
- NMCB-40 ("Fighting Forty") – decommissioned
East Coast (Gulfport, Mississippi)
- NMCB-1 ("The First and The Finest")("Also known as The BONE")unofficial
- NMCB-7 ("Magnificent Seven") – decommissioned
- NMCB-11 ("Lucky Eleven")
- NMCB-74 ("Fearless 74") (Also called "Eager Beavers" in the 1980s)
- NMCB-133 ("Runnin' Roos")
- NMCB-62 ("The Minute Men") Unofficial("Sixty Screw") – decommissioned
- NMCB-14 ("Southern Pride"): Located at Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Florida and consists of detachments in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Puerto Rico.
- NMCB-15 ("Bat Out of Hell"): Located at Belton, Missouri. Personnel are from ten detachments in five states, (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota). (decommissioned Sep 2013)
- NMCB-16 : Located at Los Alamitos, California and consited of detachments in California, Arizona, and Nevada. (decommissioned Sep 94)
- NMCB-17 ("Desert Battalion"): Located at Fort Carson, Colorado and consists of detachments in California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Hawaii.
- NMCB-18 ("Skookum Mamook"): Headquartered at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington and consists of detachments in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, and Guam.
- NMCB-21 ("Blackjack Battalion"): Located at the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
- NMCB-22 ("Lone Star"): Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The battalion has detachments throughout Texas and one in Oklahoma.
- NMCB-23 ("Blue and Grey"): RSS located at Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
- NMCB-24 ("The Double Dozen", formerly known as the "Dixie Doers"): RSS located at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama and consists of detachments in Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- NMCB-25 ("Spades and Clubs"): Located at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin and consists of Seabee detachments from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, Iowa, and Michigan.
- NMCB-26 ("Packs a Punch"): Located at Selfridge Air National Guard Base near Mt. Clemens, Michigan and includes detachments in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.
- NMCB-27 ("Skibees"): Cold Weather Battalion, located at Westover ARB, Chicopee, Massachusetts and includes detachments in six New England States and upstate New York.
- NMCB-28 ("The Old Pros"): Located at Barksdale AFB, LA and includes detachments in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Amphibious Construction Battalion One (ACB-1)
- Amphibious Construction Battalion Two (ACB-2) – Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek#Major shore commands (at "Naval Construction Force")
- Naval Mobile Construction Battalions (NMCB) (at www.seabee.navy.mil)