नवादा जिला ضلع نوادا
|District of Bihar|
Location of Nawada district in Bihar
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Nawada|
|• Assembly seats||Nawadah, Hisua, Rajauli, Govindpur, Akbarpur, Warisaliganj|
|• Total||2,492 km2 (962 sq mi)|
|• Density||830/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||61.63 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||936|
|Major highways||NH 31|
Nawada district is one of the thirty-eight districts of Bihar state, India, and Nawada town is the administrative headquarters of this district. The district was part of the Magadh, Sunga and Gupta empires. It is located between historical districts of Nalanda and Gaya and falls under Magadha Commissionary.
Nawada district occupies an area of 2,494 square kilometres (963 sq mi), comparatively equivalent to Chile's Navarino Island. The district capital is located at Nawada town. Most parts of the district are plain but certain areas have hilly characteristics.
- Rivers: Sakri, Khuri,Panchane,Bhusri by Kakolat, Tilaiya, Dhanarjay
Main Crops: Paddy, wheat, Pulses, vegetables Industries: Bidi factories, Sugar mills Handloom Silk
The district had sugarcane farming activities though the single sugar mill of the district located in Warisaliganj is currently not functioning. Kadirganj, located 6 km from Nawada, has a very old and famous silk small scale industry where many workers carry out the activities of cleaning and weaving of silk. It has commercial and trading linkages with Bhagalpur, a city famous for its silk business including export of silk from India. Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd has identified Rajauli in Nawada district of Bihar as the possible site for creating additional 2,000-mW nuclear capacity in the state. The Central Electricity Authority's site selection committee, which recently visited the site, is expected to submit its report within a month[when?]. Future course of action will entirely depend on this report.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Nawada one of the country's 250 most advance districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 38 districts in Bihar currently receiving funds from the no. 1 Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Since the opening of The South Bihar Railway, on which it is stationed, Nawada has been growing into an important trade centre. Earlier Nawada was the main market place for most of the small villages around. Purani Bajaar, Main Road, Gola Road and others are the chief commerce centres. Yadav,Baranwal, Jains and Sahu are the big communities here.
- Sub divisions: Nawadah, Rajauli
- Blocks: Kawakol, Warisaliganj, Nawadah, Rajauli, Akbarpur, Hisua, Narhat, Govindpur, Pakribarawan, Sirdalla, Kasichak, Roh, Nardiganj, Meskaur
National highway 31 is passing from nawada by which it is directly connected with big cities like Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Dhanbad, Bihar Sharif and Patna. Delux buses are available from Nawada for all major cities and for patna at every half an hour. It connects two major railway stations Gaya jn and Kiul jn by Gaya-Kiul line. 2 Express trains and Several local trains are running in this railway line via nawada. It has got one of the best local market in Nawada district. Rajauli and Sirdalla is emerging as s significant market hub for the hinterland regions bordering the Jharkhand state. Rajauli and Sirdalla has also produced many professionals including physicians, surgeons, engineers who are working in many parts of India. Through sirdalla a roadway is there to connect it with Gaya (mostly known as 'Bodhgaya').
According to the 2011 census Nawada district has a population of 2,216,653, roughly equal to the nation of Latvia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 205th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 889 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,300/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 22.49%. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nawada&action=edit§ion=2 Nawada has a sex ratio of 936 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 61.63%.
- Kakolat Waterfall: This waterfall in Nawada district is mentioned in Hindu mythology; according to legend an ancient King was turned into a python by a rishi's curse and lived within the falls. It can be reached from Nawada-Akbarpur-Govindpur road. Thali village is nearest mile stone. A road goes from there to Kakolat.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
Navarino Island 2,473km2
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Latvia 2,204,708 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179
||Nalanda district||Sheikhpura district|
|Gaya district||Jamui district|
|Koderma district, Jharkhand||Giridih district, Jharkhand|