|Full name||Mohammad Nazimuddin Ahmed|
1 October 1985 |
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Batting style||Right-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Right arm medium|
|Test debut||9 December 2011 v Pakistan|
|ODI debut (cap 89)||12 March 2008 v South Africa|
|Last ODI||4 July 2008 v Pakistan|
|T20I debut (cap 15)||1 September 2007 v Kenya|
|Last T20I||20 April 2008 v Pakistan|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: , 25 November 2013|
Mohammed Nazimuddin Ahmed (born 1 October 1985) is a Bangladeshi cricketer. A right-handed specialist batsman, he is the captain of Chittagong Division, and has played Test, limited overs and Twenty20 cricket for Bangladesh.
Nazimuddin made his first class debut at the age of 16. Over the following seasons he was selected to play in the Bangladesh A and Bangladesh Under-19 teans. He played his first senior match for Bangladesh in 2007, in a Twenty20 tournament in Kenya. He was also selected in the Bangladesh national squad tour to Australia in August and September 2008. However, he broke his finger in the warmup to the matches and could not participate. Later in 2008, he was part of a group of Bangladesh players banned from Bangladeshi cricket for ten years for playing in the private Indian Cricket League (ICL). He left the ICL in 2009; the Bangladesh Cricket Board responded by rescinding its ban.
Nazimuddin was recalled to the national team for the two-Test series against Pakistan in December 2011. He made his Test debut in the first match of the series in Chittagong, opening the batting for Bangladesh.
- "Ashraful back, again". The Daily Star. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Nazimuddin (Bangladesh)". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Jamie Alter. "Team preview: Bangladesh: Young and reckless". Cricinfo. Retrieved 17 September 2007.
- "Bangladesh lift ban on former ICL players". Reuters. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Ashraful recalled for Pakistan Tests". ESPNcricinfo. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Sundar, Nitin (9 December 2011). "Pakistan make reckless Bangladesh pay". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 10 December 2011.