Nazis at the Center of the Earth
||This article possibly contains original research. (September 2012)|
|Nazis at the Center of the Earth|
|Directed by||Joseph Lawson|
|Written by||Paul Bales|
|Music by||Chris Ridenhour|
|Edited by||Rob Pallatina|
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
|Running time||90 minutes|
Nazis at the Center of the Earth is a direct-to-video sci-fi film produced by The Asylum that stars Dominique Swain and Jake Busey. It was released on 24 April 2012 on Blu-ray Disc and DVD. The UK release was called Bloodstorm.
A group of researchers in Antarctica are abducted by a platoon of gas-masked soldiers wearing swastika arm bands and dragged into a hidden environment in the center of the Earth. There, they discover that Dr. Josef Mengele and a group of surviving Nazi soldiers are plotting an invasion of Earth to create a Fourth Reich.
- Dominique Swain as Paige Morgan
- Jake Busey as Adrian Reistad
- Joshua Michael Allen as Lucas Moss
- Christopher Karl Johnson as Dr. Josef Mengele
- Lilan Bowden as May Yun
- Trevor Kuhn as Brian Moak
- Adam Burch as Mark Maynard
- Marlene Okner as Sije Lagesen
- Maria Pallas as Angela Magliarossa
- Andre Tenerelli as Aaron Blechman
- Abderrahim Halaimia as Rahul Jumani
- James Maxwell Young as Adolf Hitler
Lawson received the directorial assignment after reading the script and pitching himself as director in the fall of 2011. The film took less than four months to make. On Asylum, Lawson said "They are a low-budget film studio,[...] I knew pretty much going in that this was going to be a B movie. We had a 12-day shoot and a budget well south of $200,000."
The entire movie was storyboarded by the director shot for shot before production began in November, 2011.
Locations for the film included Willow Studios in Los Angeles (underground in the Nazi bunker and Nifleheim Station), Blue Cloud Ranch in Santa Clarita (opening war night scenes and the underground cavern), and the Asylum Studios (hallways, labs, medical rooms, rapelling scenes and green screen virtual sets).
The film features one of the highest visual effects shot counts in an Asylum film, 379, and the effects were completed in just four weeks.
Critical and audience reaction to the film has been mixed with everything from "absolute garbage" to "the Citizen Kane of Asylum films".
- West, Steven (August 6, 2012). "FrightFest Gore in the Store review of Bloodstorm". FrightFest. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
“BLOODSTORM” is a feeble UK retitling of a movie called NAZIS AT THE CENTER OF THE EARTH. Mathematically minded viewers will know that the original title is exactly 2984.3% superior to the generic new moniker – which itself might cause confusion with SUBSPECIES 4: BLOODSTORM.
- Richard Ecke (30 April 2012). "Great Falls man directs Grade B feature-length film". Great Falls Tribune. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Nazis at the Center of the Earth at The Asylum
- Nazis at the Center of the Earth at the Internet Movie Database