November 14, 1976 |
Kargı, Çorum Province, Turkey
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
|Club||Ankara ASKİ Sport Club|
|Coached by||Mehmet Akif Pirim|
Nazmi Avluca (pronounced [ˈnazmiː ˈavludʒa]; born November 14, 1976 in Kargı, Çorum Province), is a Turkish sports wrestler, who has won several titles at international competitions including four European and two FILA Wrestling World Championships in the Men's Greco-Roman category. He took also part at the 1996 and 2000 Olympics, without success until finally winning a bronze medal in 2008 in Beijing. Currently, he is an active member of the Emlakspor club in Istanbul.
Born in the Central Anatolian town Kargı of Çorum Province, he began early sport wrestling at the Wrestling Training Center in Bolu in 1987. Admitted to the national Greco-Roman team in 1991, he won his first international gold in the 60 kg division at the 1992 World Cadets Championships held in Istanbul.
Nazmi Avluca was transferred to the German wrestling club 1. Luckenwalder SC in 2005, where undefeated, he helped his team become the German champions in 2006 for the first time in their club history. He returned home to join Şekerspor Club in Konya before the 2006 World Championships 
- "Best Wrestler of 2006 in Greco-Roman Style" awarded by the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles (FILA).
- "Avluca`dan altın madalya!" (in Turkish). Tüm Gazeteler. 2008-04-05.
- "Grand Prix Grekoromen`de Nazmi Avluca altın aldı" (in Turkish). Tüm Gazeteler. 2005-03-07.
- "Nazmi Avluca (1975 – .... )". Kim Kimdir? (in Turkish).
- "Team 1. Bundesliga 2005". 1. Luckenwalder Sportclub.
- "Nazmi Avluca: Dünyada yılın güreşçisi seçildim diye övünmem" (in Turkish). Zaman Online. 2007-03-01.
- "FILA Nazmi Avluca`yı grekoromende en iyi güreşci seçti" (in Turkish). Tüm Gazeteler. 2006-12-08.
|This biographical article relating to a Turkish sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Turkish Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|