|Ndejje University (NDU)|
|Motto||The Fear of God Brings Knowledge and Wisdom|
|Chancellor||Prof. Stephen Talitwala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Eriabu Lugujjo|
The University has two separate campuses located on 200 acres (81 ha), in a rural setting at Ndejje Hill, in Luweero District, Central Uganda. The main campus of the university lies adjacent to the Lady Irene Camps in Ndejje. This location lies approximately 42 kilometres (26 mi), by road, north of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. Ndejje Hill is located about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi), northwest of Bombo, the nearest town. The coordinates of Ndejje are:00 36 36N, 32 28 30E (Latitude:0.6100; Longitude:32.4750).
Ndejje University was established in 1992 under the Name and Style of "The Christian University of East Africa" under the pioneer-ship and ownership of Prof. Reverend Dr. Sams Kironde Kigozi. In 1994 it was represented in Ontario and Quebec Inter-Faculty agreements with Canadian 12 Universities and 8 American Universities by Mr. Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye (a Student and Academic Registrar Trainee) for each university to foster a school where students would spend half of their studies in Uganda and the remaining half in North America. Mr. Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye was solely sponsored and with some support from the International League for People with Intellectual Exceptionality as he had a solid stake in its founder-ship.
As a result hundreds of thousands of books, magazines, software and computers were donated partially due to an introductory letter from Dr. Samson B.M. Kisseka who was a Seventh Day Adventist evangelical Christian, the Vice President of Uganda and the Chancellor of the University by then. There being no Anglican Faith based University in North America out of the seven that contributed materials to start the university on a land owned by the Anglican Church in Uganda, save the other faiths in North America, the conservative Anglican clergy feared that the institution would be a lee way for charismatic compromise to some of its devout parishioners. In 1995, the "The Christian University of East Africa" with some government involvement was annexed by the (Anglican Diocese of Luweero) of the Province of the Church of Uganda, and without any authority it changed its name from The Christian University of East Africa - Ndejje Campus (CUEA) to Ndejje University without any compensation extended to the founders. In 1998, the institution received recognition as a tertiary level institution of higher learning by the Uganda Government through the Ministry of Education and Sports. In 2001, Mr. Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye, before returning to Canada, advised the parties involved to foster an interdenominational round table to bolster the North American Interfaculty Scholarships and Academic Exchanges he had pioneered. He argued that with integrity the university could take on a status quo of an academic freedom international learning centre hosted by the Anglican Church in Africa. He further advised that the parties that have annexed The Christian University of East Africa (C.U.E.A) be compensated including but not limited to the estate of Prof. Dr. Rev. Sams Kironde Kigozi whose children are still under aged.
In 2002, ownership of the university was expanded to include all six dioceses of the Church of Uganda in the Buganda Region. Nejje University formerly The Christian University of East Africa (C.U.E.A)was issued a University Charter by the Government of Uganda in 2009. At the time offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs that are recognized nationally and Internationally.
As of October 2010[update], the university maintains the following campuses:
- The Main Campus - Located on Ndejje Hill, in Luweero District
- Lady Irene Campus - Also located on Ndejje Hill. Together, the two campuses in Ndejje occupy 200 acres (81 ha)
- The Kampala Campus - Located at 151 Balintuma Road, Mengo, in Kampala, Uganda's capital city.
- Nakasongola Campus - The university is in the process of acquiring 400 acres (160 ha) in Nakasongola District, to house the research facility in renewable energy and environmental management.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Basic Sciences and Information Technology
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Survey
- Faculty of Forest Science and Environmental Management
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Institute of Sports
- School of Postgraduate Studies
Ndejje University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses including both diploma and degree programs.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MIS).
- Master of Education (M.Ed).
- Master of Development Studies (MDS).
- Master of Arts in Community Participation and Strategic Management Studies (MA.CPSMS).
- Master of Science in Marketing (M.Sc Marketing).
- Master of Science in Finance (MSc.Finance).
- Master of Science in Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSc.HRM).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Institutional Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Science.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Physical Education & Sports Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition & Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management (BHR)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Procurement Management (BPM)
- Bachelor of Business Computing & Information Management (BBC&IM)
- Bachelor of Public Relations Management (B.BPR)
- Bachelor of Education. (B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education. (BA/Ed).
- Bachelor of Science with Education. (BSc/Ed) .
- Bachelor of Business Education. (B.Bus.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Education - Institutions Management. (B.Ed/IM)
- Bachelor of Development Studies (BDS)
- Bachelor of Guidance and Counseling. (B.G&C)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Social Administration (BA.SWASA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development. (BA. Com.Dev.)
- Bachelor of Journalismand Mass Communication (B.J&MC)
- Bachelor of Sports Science and Management (BSSc.&M)
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Natural Resources (BSc.SNR)
- Bachelor of Sciencein Plantation Forestry (Bsc.Plant.For.)
- Bachelor of Forest Science & Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Sports Science. (BSS)
- Bachelor of Sports Nutrition & Management. (BSNM)
- Bachelor of Physical Education & Sports Management. (B.PE&SM)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSc.Chem.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSc.Civ.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSc.Elec.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSc.Mech.Eng.)
Undergraduate Diploma Programs
- Diploma in Primary Education. (DPE)
- Diploma in Secondary Education. (DSE)
- Diploma in Computer Science (DCS)
- Diploma in Commercial Arts & Design Technology (DCADT)
- Diploma in Guidance & Counseling (DGC)
- Diploma in Business Administration. (DBA)
- Diploma in Education Institutions Management. (DEIM)
- Diploma in Sports Science (DSS).
- Diploma in Sports Nutrition & Management .
- Diploma in Physical Education & Sports Management (DSS).
- Diploma in Nursery Teaching. Day, Evening and In-service programs
Advanced Certificate Programs
- Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Advanced Certificate in Nursery Teaching
- Advanced Grade III Teachers Certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Business Administration.
- Road Distance Between Kampala And Ndejje With Map
- Map Showing Bombo And Ndejje With Distance Marker
- Background of Ndejje University
- The Three Campuses of Ndejje University
- Ndejje University To Create Fourth Campus
- Academic Faculties of Ndejje University
- Academic Programs at Ndejje University
- Ndejje University Established A Fully Flegded Faculty of Engineering