|Ndejje University (NDU)|
|Motto||The Fear of God Brings Knowledge and Wisdom|
|Chancellor||Prof. Stephen Talitwala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Eriabu Lugujjo|
The University has two separate campuses located on 200 acres (81 ha), in a rural setting at Ndejje Hill, in Luweero District, Central Uganda. The main campus of the university lies adjacent to the Lady Irene Camps in Ndejje. This location lies approximately 42 kilometres (26 mi), by road, north of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. Ndejje Hill is located about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi), northwest of Bombo, the nearest town. The coordinates of Ndejje are:0°36'44.0"N, 32°28'34.0"E (Latitude=0.612222; Longitude:32.476111).
Ndejje University was established in 1992 under the Name and Style of "The Christian University of East Africa" under the pioneer-ship and ownership of Professor Reverend Doctor Sams Kironde Kigozi. In 1994 it was represented in Ontario and Quebec Inter-Faculty agreements with 12 Canadian and 8 American universities by Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye, a trainee Academic Registrar. The objective was to persuade each of the twenty North American universities to send their students to TCUEA for one Semester each year, and spend the second semester at their home campus in Canada or USA. Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye was self-sponsored, with partial assistance from the International League for People with Intellectual Exceptionality. Dr. Samson Babi Mululu Kisekka, at that time, the Vice Chancellor of the university, wrote an introductory letter for Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye. With that letter, he was able to solicit and obtain a large collection of books, magazines, computers and software for the new university.
There being no Anglican Faith based university in North America out of the seven that contributed materials to start TCUEA, the conservative Anglican clergy feared that the institution would "highjacked" by the charismatic Christian Churches, proliferating across the Continents at that time. In 1995, the "The Christian University of East Africa" with some government involvement was annexed by the Anglican Diocese of Luweero, in the Province of the Church of Uganda. The name of the university was changed from The Christian University of East Africa, to Ndejje University, without any compensation to the founders. In 1998, the institution received recognition as a tertiary level institution of higher learning by the Uganda Government through the Ministry of Education and Sports. In 2001, Simon Peter Kabala-Kasirye, before returning to Canada, advised the parties involved to foster an interdenominational round table to bolster the North American Interfaculty Scholarships and Academic Exchanges he had pioneered. He argued that with integrity the university could take on a status quo of an academic freedom international learning centre hosted by the Anglican Church in Africa. He further advised that the parties who founded The Christian University of East Africa be compensated, including but not limited to the estate of Professor Reverend Doctor Sams Kironde Kigozi, whose children were still minors.
Ownership of the university was expanded to include all six dioceses of the Church of Uganda in the Buganda Region. Nejje University formerly The Christian University of East Africa, was issued a University Charter by the Government of Uganda in 2009. At the time offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs that are recognized nationally and Internationally.
As of September 2014[update], the university maintains the following campuses:
- The Main Campus - Located on Ndejje Hill, in Luweero District
- Lady Irene Campus - Also located on Ndejje Hill. Together, the two campuses in Ndejje occupy 200 acres (81 ha)
- The Kampala Campus - Located at 151 Balintuma Road, Mengo, in Kampala, Uganda's capital city.
- Nakasongola Campus - The university is in the process of acquiring 400 acres (160 ha) in Nakasongola District, to house the research facility in renewable energy and environmental management.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Basic Sciences and Information Technology
- Faculty of Business Administration and Management
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environment and Agricultural Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Postgraduate Studies
Ndejje University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses including both diploma and degree programs.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MIS).
- Master of Education (M.Ed).
- Master of Development Studies (MDS).
- Master of Arts in Community Participation and Strategic Management Studies (MA.CPSMS).
- Master of Science in Marketing (M.Sc Marketing).
- Master of Science in Finance (MSc.Finance).
- Master of Science in Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSc.HRM).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Institutional Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Science.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Physical Education & Sports Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition & Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (BSc.HRM)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Procurement Management (BPM)
- Bachelor of Business Computing & Information Management (BBC&IM)
- Bachelor of Public Relations Management (B.BPR)
- Bachelor of Education. (B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education. (BA/Ed).
- Bachelor of Science with Education. (BSc/Ed) .
- Bachelor of Business Education. (B.Bus.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Education - Institutions Management. (B.Ed/IM)
- Bachelor of Development Studies (BDS)
- Bachelor of Guidance and Counseling. (B.G&C)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Social Administration (BA.SWASA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development. (BA. Com.Dev.)
- Bachelor of Journalismand Mass Communication (B.J&MC)
- Bachelor of Sports Science and Management (BSSc.&M)
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Natural Resources (BSc.SNR)
- Bachelor of Science in Plantation Forestry (BSc.Plant.For.)
- Bachelor of Forest Science & Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Sports Science (BSS)
- Bachelor of Sports Nutrition & Management. (BSNM)
- Bachelor of Physical Education & Sports Management. (B.PE&SM)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSc.Chem.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSc.Civ.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSc.Elec.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSc.Mech.Eng.)
Undergraduate Diploma Programs
- Diploma in Primary Education. (DPE)
- Diploma in Secondary Education. (DSE)
- Diploma in Computer Science (DCS)
- Diploma in Commercial Arts & Design Technology (DCADT)
- Diploma in Guidance & Counseling (DGC)
- Diploma in Business Administration. (DBA)
- Diploma in Education Institutions Management. (DEIM)
- Diploma in Sports Science (DSS).
- Diploma in Sports Nutrition & Management .
- Diploma in Physical Education & Sports Management (DSS).
- Diploma in Nursery Teaching. Day, Evening and In-service programs
Advanced Certificate Programs
- Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Advanced Certificate in Nursery Teaching
- Advanced Grade III Teachers Certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Business Administration.
- Wanyenze, Immaculate (4 November 2012). "At 20, Ndejje University Accumulates Accolades". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Ndejje With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Map Showing Bombo And Ndejje With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- Google, . "Location of The Main Campus of Ndejje University At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- NDU, . "Ndejje University: Historical Background". Ndejje University (NDU). Retrieved $1 $2. Check date values in:
- NDU, . "Ndejje University: Kampala Campus". Ndejje University (NDU). Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Kiwanuka, Frederick (20 October 2010). "1,000 Graduate From Ndejje". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- NDU, . "Ndejje University: Faculties And School". Ndejje University (NDU). Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Martin Ssebuyira, and Dan Wandera (24 October 2011). "Nsibambi Tips Graduates On Farming". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 14 September 2014.