||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Born||Linnethia Monique Johnson
December 13, 1967
Queens, New York
|Occupation||Television personality, actress|
|Children||Bryson Bryant (son)
Brentt Leakes (son)
In 2008, Leakes made her first appearance in the the reality series The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She is also known for her recurring role as Coach Roz on the American television program Glee. She was a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice 4. She also played Rocky Rhoades in the NBC comedy series The New Normal. Besides her work in television, NeNe is an advocate against domestic abuse and has written a memoir describing her own experiences with abuse.
NeNe Leakes is a cast member of the television reality show, The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Leakes came to fame from her role on The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Immediately after the first season she co wrote with Denene Milner the book "Never Make The Same Mistake Twice'".
In 2011 Leakes was a contestant on the eleventh season of Donald Trump's NBC series The Celebrity Apprentice . During the tenth episode of Apprentice, after arguments with fellow cast member Star Jones, Leakes walked off the show. Leakes failed to win any money for her selected charity, "My Sister's House".
Ryan Murphy is a big fan of Nene's brash abrasive nature. Ryan Murphy cast Nene on his show Glee in the third season(2012/13) in a recurring role as synchronized swim coach and Olympic bronze-medalist Coach Roz Washington. Murphy next cast Leakes as sassy secretary Rocky Roades in the NBC comedy The New Normal.
Personal life 
While working as a stripper she met Gregg Leakes in 1996. Gregg Leakes is a real estate investor and business consultant. They married in 1997 and had son Brentt on Feb 22 1999. Gregg has older children with his exes. In 2010 Nene and Gregg separated, and Nene filed for divorce on April 29, 2010 (during season three). The divorce was finalized September 29, 2011, after season four had finished shooting.
Leakes has written a memoir describing her own experiences with abuse.
|2008—present||The Real Housewives of Atlanta||Herself||91 episodes|
|2011||The Celebrity Apprentice||10 episodes|
|2012—present||Glee||Roz Washington||Recurring (7 episodes)|
|2012||The Amandas||Herself||1 episode|
|The Game||1 episode|
|Let's Stay Together||1 episode|
|2012—2013||The New Normal||Rocky||Series regular (22 episodes)|
- Happy Birthday, NeNe Leakes![dead link]
- February 12, 2011 AT 10:54AM (2011-02-12). "NeNe Leakes, Kim Zolciak Trade Barbs Over Bus Blow-Up". UsMagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "NeNe Leakes - The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 4 - Bio - Bravo TV Official Site". Bravotv.com. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- Nicki Gostin (8 March 2013). "Why did Nene call the police". BravoTV.com.
- Rodney Ho (Sunday, March 3, 2013). "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recap, season[sic] 4, episode 16 ("Peaches Don't Grow in Hollywood")". Radio and TV Talk.
- Danielle Henderson (3/4/13 at 11:28 AM). "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Guess Who’s Not Coming to Dinner". Vulture.com.
- "Nene Leakes Engaged To Ex: 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Gets Back With Ex-Husband Gregg (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Alyssa Toomey. "NeNe Leakes "Definitely Back Together" With Ex-Husband Gregg Leakes, Stays Mum on Wedding Rumors". E!. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Leakes, Nene (2009). Never Make the Same Mistake Twice: Lessons on Love and Life Learned the Hard Way. Touchstone. ISBN 1-4391-6730-3.