|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2007)|
|Created by||Holly Phillips|
|Directed by||Sheree Folkson
|Opening theme||"Just for Tonight" by One Night Only|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Simon Crawford Collins
|Editor(s)||Richard Mark Elson
|Location(s)||Rose Bruford College, Sidcup, Kent, England|
|Running time||45 minutes approximately, 65 minutes with adverts|
|Original run||8 November 2007 – 13 December 2007|
Nearly Famous is a television drama mini-series about a group of British teenagers at a top London school of the performing arts. It is shown in the UK and Ireland on E4. The show has been compared to other teen drama series such as The OC and Skins. The show debuted on E4 on 8 November 2007 and ended its run on 13 December 2007. It is filmed in Kent, England.
There are no plans to continue into a second series, but the series has been left open so that a second series could be made on demand. The series ends with Owen leaving school, and his devastated friends, after being kicked out.
Although it was virtually ignored, it gained a large fanbase between 13-20-year olds. It had many story lines which related well to this target market, including drinking, drugs, money, sex and virginity.
The six part series follows Lila (Talulah Riley), an awkward 19 year old with a mentally ill mother, but with an exceptional talent for writing; Owen (Aaron Johnson), who can not read music any more than he can re-write his wayward past; Joe, (Tunji Kasim) a nice guy with a talent doing light and sound, who is a bit of a nerd; and Kate (Anna Brewster) a beautiful, ambitious actress, who is sick of living in the shadow of her successful film director dad. Over the six week series, the world of this unlikely group of friends is explored.
- Aaron Johnson as Owen Stephens - A talented musician with a past that seems to haunt him.
- Talulah Riley as Lila Reed - A writer with a heart. Her mother has a mental health condition and does not want to let go of her daughter.
- Tunji Kasim as Joe Bailey - Misunderstood technology geek from a tough background who wants to achieve something in life
- Anna Brewster as Kate Sherman - An actress striving to receive recognition of her own talents without the help of her famous father.
- Jimi Mistry as Matt Bright - Music teacher who has a long and complicated history with Jen. He has hopes to make it big in the music industry.
- Rebecca Palmer as Jen Bracken - Writing Teacher with marital problems, Matt is her only means of support.
- Lizzy McInnerny as Rita Rocheman - Dance Teacher who has a history with Dominic.
- Ralph Brown as Dominic Soloman - Drama teacher and Principal of the Salinger School
- Ella Jones as Sarah
- Anna McAuley as Henri
- Max Gell as Cal Redmond
- Rosalind Halstead as Kelly Short
- Gregg Chillin as Ash Chopra
- Gina Bellman as Traci Reed
- Nicolas Woodman as Jamie
Incidental music by Simon Boswell
Original songs by Joe Boswell
Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division
Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen's
- Choreographed by Caroline Pope