|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||3,220 ft (980 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Nebbi is located in Nebbi District, West Nile sub-region, in Northern Uganda. It lies approximately 77 kilometres (48 mi), by road, southeast of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region.  This location is approximately 170 kilometres (110 mi), by road, southwest of Gulu, the largest city in Northern Uganda. The coordinates of the town are:2°28'45.0"N, 31°05'24.0"E (Latitude:2.479167; Longitude:31.0900).
The 2002 national population census put the population of Nebbi at about 22,740. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 28,000. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Nebbi at 28,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in the town or near the town limits:
- The headquarters of Nebbi District Administration
- The offices of Nebbi Town Council
- Nebbi Central Market
- Nebbi Hospital - A 200 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Nebbi Airport - One of the thirty-five airports in Uganda
- Nyacara Church - A place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda
- The headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nebbi
- Nebbi Catholic Cathedral
- A branch of Centenary Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank.
- "Road Distance Between Arua And Nebbi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Gulu And Nebbi With Distance Marker". Google.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Nebbi At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Nebbi In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 3 June 2014.