|University||University of Nebraska at Kearney|
|Athletic director||Paul Plinske|
|Football stadium||Ron & Carol Cope Stadium|
|Basketball arena||Health and Sports Center|
|Fight song||"We Fight for UNK!"|
The University of Nebraska–Kearney Lopers are the sports teams of University of Nebraska at Kearney located in Kearney, Nebraska. They participate in the NCAA's Division II and in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA).
- For current information see 2014 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association football season
Women's Swim & Dive
The Women's Swim and Dive team is an affiliate member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC).
- Foster Field at Ron & Carol Cope Stadium - Home of the Loper football and soccer teams
- Cushing Pool - Home of the Loper Swim & Dive team
- Dryden Park - Home of the UNK Softball team
- Harmon Park - Home of the UNK Tennis team
- Health and Sports Center - Home of the UNK Basketball, Wrestling, and Volleyball teams
- Memorial Field - Home of the UNK Baseball team (Once home to a New York Yankees minor league team, Nebraska State League)
We Fight for UNK! is the official fight song for the University of Nebraska at Kearney. The lyrics are listed below.
Come on and fight for UNK,
March on to Victory all the way,
Keep up your fighting spirit,
We¹ll always cheer it,
That¹s what we¹re here for,
That what we'll cheer for.
Fight for the Blue and the Gold,
Cheer for the Blue and the Gold,
And then together we stand,
Proud of the best in the land
We fight for UNK!
The Alma Mater lyrics were written by Clarence A. Murch and the music was composed by Fair Harvard.
Afar in the west where the green valleys run
And the sweeping hills dip to the plain;
Rise the gray, storied walls of the home that we love–
Alma Mater! We hail thee again!
'Neath thy shade we have gazed over valley and plain
On the scenes that enrapture the eye;
And our hearts thrill with pride as the Blue and the Gold
Proudly floats against the evening sky.
Marching to conquer all the way!
- Stephen Goodin, NFL player
- Randy Rasmussen, former New York Jets player
- Joba Chamberlain, New York Yankees pitcher
- Tervel Dlagnev, Olympic Wrestler
- Mason Brodine, tight end for the St. Louis Rams
- Arthur Hobbs, defensive back for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- "Members: University of Nebraska at Kearney". 2013. Retrieved Oct 19, 2013.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - Louie Loper". lopers.com.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - RON & CAROL COPE STADIUM AT FOSTER FIELD". lopers.com.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - Cushing Pool". lopers.com.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - DRYDEN PARK". lopers.com.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - HARMON PARK". lopers.com.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - HEALTH & SPORTS CENTER". lopers.com.
- "Nebraska Kearney Lopers - Memorial Field". lopers.com.
- "UNK Songs".