|League||Indoor Football League (2011-present)|
|Division||Great Plains (2011)|
|Team history||Nebraska Danger (2011-present)|
|Based in||Grand Island, Nebraska|
|Colors||Navy, Lime Green, White
|Head coach||Mike Davis|
|General Manager||Mike McCoy|
|Conference titles||2: (2013, 2014)|
|Playoff berths||2: (2013, 2014)|
The Nebraska Danger is a professional indoor football team based in Grand Island, Nebraska. They are a member of the Intense Conference of the Indoor Football League (IFL). The team was founded in 2011 by Charlie Bosselman as an expansion member of the IFL. The Danger play their home games at Eihusen Arena.
The Danger is the Tri-Cities' second indoor football team, following the defunct Tri-City Diesel of the National Indoor Football League (2001-2004). However, the Diesel was based out of Kearney and played at the arena that is now the Viaero Event Center.
In 2011 and 2012, the Nebraska Danger was selected as having the IFL's Best Fans. In 2013 The Danger were named IFL Franchise of the Year. General Manager Mike McCoy was named 2013 IFL Executive of the Year and quarterback Jameel Sewell was named the 2013 IFL Most Valuable Player and Offensive Player of the Year.
In October 4, 2010, Bosselman Entertainment LLC announced the formation of Nebraska Danger as an expansion member of the Indoor Football League (IFL) for the 2011 season. At the press conference, team owner Charlie Bosselman announced that Sean Ponder would be the team's inaugural head coach, however after just two months on the job, Ponder left the Danger for personal reasons, and Mike Davis was named the team's head coach. On March 7, 2011, the Danger defeated the Wichita Wild 70-59, in the team's first ever game.
On June 28, 2014, the Danger traveled to Sioux Falls, South Dakota for a second straight year looking to defeat the Storm for the 2014 United Bowl Championship. The Danger came up short again, falling 40-63.
Note: The Finish, Wins, Losses, and Ties columns list regular season results and exclude any postseason play.
|League Champions||Conference Champions||Division Champions||Wild Card Berth||League Leader|
|Season||Team||League||Conference||Division||Regular season||Postseason Results|
|2013||2013||IFL||Intense||1st||10||4||Won Intense Conference Final (Ice) 55-50
Lost 2013 United Bowl (Storm) 40-43
|2014||2014||IFL||Intense||10||4||Won Intense Conference Final (Ice) 45-15
Lost 2014 United Bowl (Storm) 40-63
|Totals||28||28||All-time regular season record (2011–2014)|
|2||2||-||All-time postseason record (2011–2014)|
|30||30||All-time regular season and postseason record (2011–2014)|
* Season in progress
Nebraska Danger roster
Roster updated December 8, 2014
Awards and honors
The following is a list of all Danger players who have won league Awards
|2012||Rocky Hinds||Quarterback||Most Improved Player|
|2013||Jameel Sewell||Quarterback||Most Valuable Player|
|2013||Jameel Sewell||Quarterback||Offensive Player of the Year|
Note: Statistics are correct through the end of the 2014 Indoor Football League season.
|Nebraska Danger staff|
- Hamar, Bob (March 7, 2013). "IFL has seen dramatic change". Grand Island Independent (Grand Island, NE: Berkshire Hathaway). Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "New IFL Team Nebraska Danger Announced Today". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. October 4, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "Grand Island get indoor football team". www.omaha.com. The Omaha World Herald. October 4, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "Ponder steps down as Danger coach". www.theindependent.com. BH Media Group Holdings, Inc. December 17, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Bob Hamar (March 8, 2011). "Danger win opener". www.theindependent.com. BH Media Group Holdings, Inc. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Bob Hamar (June 29, 2014). "HAMAR: Danger will have different look in 2015". www.theindependent.com. The Grand Island Independent. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
|This American football team article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|