Necropolis (Copper novel)
Dust-jacket illustration by Stephen E. Fabian for Necropolis
|Illustrator||Stephen E. Fabian|
|Genre||Gothic novel, Mystery novel|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||xii, 352 pp|
|LC Class||PZ4.C7857 Ne 1980 PR6053.O658|
The novel is set in Victorian England. Clyde Beatty, a private investigator, is hired by Angela Meredith to investigate her father's death. His investigations lead him to a nursing home in Surrey, directed by the sinister Dr. Horace Couchman. After an autopsy reveals the murder of Miss Meredith's father, Dr. Couchman flees to London leading Beatty eventually to the eerie Brockwood Cemetery and a criminal conspiracy involving millions of pounds worth of gold bullion.
- Second Printing, 1981 - 1,539 copies.
- London: Sphere, 1981.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. pp. 124–125. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 53.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 147. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 127. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.
|This article about a mystery novel of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|