Needham is an unincorporated community in Needham Township, Johnson County, Indiana.
Needham was platted in 1866 by Noah Needham.
The post office was established as Needhams Station. The Needhams Station post office opened in 1866, and was officially renamed Needham in 1882.
Needham is located at 39°31′48″N 85°58′16″W / 39.53000°N 85.97111°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Needham, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Branigin, Elba L. (1913). History of Johnson County, Indiana. B. F. Bowen & Company. p. 550.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 233. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3. "...first called Needhams Station..."
- ^ "Johnson County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 12 November 2014.