Neera was born in 1970 in Bedford, Massachusetts to immigrant parents from India. She appears frequently on CNN. Neera is married to Ben Edwards, an artist she met while working on the Michael Dukakis campaign.
Neera Tanden graduated from UCLA in 1992 and received her degree from Yale Law School in 1996.
After graduating from Yale Law School, Tanden has worked on domestic policy both on Capitol Hill and in think tanks. She helped the 2008 Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign shape its policy proposals, and worked on President Bill Clinton's for new energy policies, health-care reforms, as well as her plan to end the Iraq War. She was the domestic policy director for Barack Obama's campaign. She has also written on Indian-American affairs.
- Watters, Susan (26 March 2014). "Gucci and Elle Honor Women in Washington Power List". WWD. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Neera Tanden". NRI Appointments. Retrieved January 2012.
- The New Republic: The GOP's New Diversity NPR - June 30, 2010
- Nikhila Pant: Hillary is a role model & a friend. Times of India, 2007-3-11
- Shweta Jha: Desi Making Waves. Neera Tanden: Sprinting Toward the Finish Line at ABCDLady
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|