Neeta Lulla at India Resort Fashion Week, 2012
|Occupation||Costume Designer, Couturier, Fashion Stylist|
|Spouse(s)||Dr Shyam Lulla|
|Awards||National Film Awards for Best Costume Design|
|Labels||Neeta Lulla Fashions|
Neeta Lulla is one of India's most successful costume designers, couturiers and fashion stylists. She is amongst the most awarded fashion designers in India having won the National Film Awards from the President of India on 4 occasions for Best Costume Design in a Film and numerous other Indian and international accolades for excellence in the field of fashion designing and styling. In a career spanning over 26 years, she has worked to style the look for some of the Indian Films, biggest stars and worked with Directors in India Cinema. She is known for styling films like Chandni, Lamhe, Khal Nayak, Jeans, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja, Taal, Kisna, Darr, Aaina, Khuda Gawah,Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Kadhalan, Kshnak Kshnam, Jagadika Veerudu Artiloka Sundari, Devdas, Jodha Akbar, One Night with the King, Sivaji, Kochadaiyaan, Rudrama Devi amongst others. She is credited for creating the look for leading Bollywood actresses like Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai, Juhi Chawla, Kareena Kapoor, Sushmita Sen, Shilpa Shetty, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra amongst many others. Some of the lead actors she's styled include Rajinikanth, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan.
Neeta Lulla has worked on over 300 films in more than 7 languages in Indian & International Cinema. Apart from films she has worked to style major historical epic shows on Indian Television like Shivaji (known as Raja Shiv Chhatrapati) & Bajirao Mastani, One Act Plays, Television Commercials & India's first musical, Zangoora (based at the Kingdom of Dreams). Neeta has showcased her pret & couture line across all premiere fashion weeks in India and some of the biggest international fashion weeks.
Neeta Lulla has recently announced the launch of a world class fashion school in association with Subhash Ghai, WWI-Neeta Lulla School of Fashion.
- National Film Award for Best Costume Design 2012 for Balgandharva
- National Film Award for Best Costume Design 2009 for Jodhaa Akbar.
- IIFA Best Costume Design Award 2009 for Jodhaa Akbar.
- Kingfisher Fashion Award 2005 for Contribution to Fashion
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Costume Designer 2003 for Devdas.
- Zee Cine Award for Best Costume Designer 2003 for Devdas.
- National Film Award for Best Costume Design 2002 for Devdas.
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Costume Designer 2001 for Mission Kashmir.
- IIFA Best Costume Design Award 2000 for Taal
- National Film Award for Best Costume Design 1991 for Lamhe.
Costume design filmography
- Khuda Gawah
- Dil Aashna Hai
- Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke
- Guru Dev
- Janam Se Pehley
- Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
- Chand Ka Tukdaa
- Zakhmi Dil
- Ram Jaane
- Tu Chor Main Sipahi
- Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
- Dil Ka Rishta
- Jodhaa Akbar
- Sivaji (Tamil film): Rajinikanth & Actress Shriya Saran
- "Kochadaiyaan (Tamil film): Rajinikanth & Deepika Padukone
- "Rudramadevi (Telugu Film): Rana Daggubati & Anushka Shetty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neeta Lulla.|