From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up negation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Negation is a connective in logic and an operation computing that maps true to false and false to true. It may also refer to:
- Negation (linguistics), a grammatical operation by which a proposition is replaced by one that states the opposite, as by the addition of not
- Negation (comics), a CrossGen comic
- The Negation, an album by the Polish metal band Decapitated
- Negationism, an illegitimate historical revisionist process that minimizes, denies or ignores essential facts
- Negation proper, in various logical and algebraic structures
- Additive inverse, the operation in mathematics that maps positive numbers to negative numbers and vice versa, also known as sign change and opposite number
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Negation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.