Negi means "Royal" and "perfect rajputs". They are from the royal family of and negi also refers to the title given to nobles by the kings. Negi mostly serving in the Indian Army.They lives in the highlands of Garhwal and Negi also refers to the title and a surname of Rajputs in Garhwal,himachal district of kinnaur, Kumaon and regions of Uttarakhand.
- Darwan Singh Negi Victoria Cross recipient
- Gabar Singh Negi Victoria Cross recipient
- Mir Ranjan Negi-hockey
- Narendra Singh Negi-folk singer
- Parimarjan Negi-Chess Grandmaster
- Uttaranchal: Historical and cultural perspectives, Uma Prasad Thapliyal.
- Encyclopedia of Indian surnames, Shibani Roy and S.H.M Rizvi
- name="ViyogiAnsari2010">Viyogi; Naval & M Anawar Ansari (1 January 2010). History Of The Later Harappans And Silpakara Movement (2 Vols.). Gyan Publishing House. pp. 419–. ISBN 978-81-7835-751-5.